• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

K40Lvn - The Must Have Thrower

Capolini

Banned
As we speak my Vinh Nguyen modified light TK61vn is on its way to me and my next concern is batteries..Wanting to make the correct battery choice i would like any advice from anyone who can help..
Living in Ireland I can order from The Uk and from searching i can see these following brands are available

Nitecore 18650 Li-ion 3.7 V, 3400 mAh protected rechargeable battery
Fenix ARB-L2 18650, 3400mAh Lithium-ion battery
EagleTac button top 3400mAh Ultra Capacity 18650
AW 18650 3.6 volt Li-on 3400 mAh

Just looking for the best option for my New Light.. best battery performance and correct length etc...:thinking:

Not to complicate things! I would definitely go w/ genuine Panasonic cells. Keeppower Protected 18650 3400mAh Panasonic cells are $3 to $4 cheaper per cell than the Four you listed.

K'powers are what I am using in my TK61vn V4!They will fit in my K40vn which is the same carrier as your light. You can get them @ Illumns for $12/each.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to complicate things! I would definitely go w/ genuine Panasonic cells. Keeppower Protected 18650 3400mAh Panasonic cells are $3 to $4 cheaper per cell than the Four you listed.

K'powers are what I am using in my TK61vn V4!They will fit in my K40vn which is the same carrier as your light. You can get them @ Illumns for $12/each.

Agreed... if in the US.

Eire

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks guys for the advice..With everything now sorted i am off now to order me some batteries for my new toy...:twothumbs

Deltaoutdoorsman

Newly Enlightened
Re: Most Popular Thrower of 2015

I got my k40lvn xpl pdtc a couple of days ago and I am very impressed. I live in the Southern delta, so most of my usage is flat wide open spans of farmland.
This light can almost out do my 12v spotlights that I use when boating at night.
Thanks vinh.

i just wish I had sprung for the extra copper heatsink. This light seems to heat up pretty fast on the higher modes.

AZVern

Newly Enlightened

I'll take one please.

$125 Current boost only

+ $15 XPL PDTc

+ $45 Large Copper HS
+ $15 Thermal Pad Cooling for Driver
+ $28 Tailcap with thumb slots

$228 paypal'd sound right?

Last edited:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one please.

$125 Current boost only

+ $15 XPL PDTc

+ $45 Large Copper HS
+ $28 Tailcap with thumb slots

$228 paypal'd sound right?

Thats not quite right. Your paying for both led options if you pay that much
If you want xpl ptdc thats just +15. You would not been to pay for the other led option or vis versa.

Edit: thats correct now :)

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a dumb question as sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees lol but here goes: how come with this light the XPL PDTc out throws the XPG2 PDTc. I get the more lumens but I really thought the XPG2 would of had an advantage.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a dumb question as sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees lol but here goes: how come with this light the XPL PDTc out throws the XPG2 PDTc. I get the more lumens but I really thought the XPG2 would of had an advantage.
Anybody?

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Come on guys somebody help me, I really want to wrap my head around this.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

The only reason that comes to mind--The XP-L allows more amperage --XP-L = 6-7amps XP-G2 = 4-5 amps

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the emitter size is smaller on the XPL which allows for better focusing? Smaller size will have less lumens, but brighter due to pin point beam.
The XPL puts out more lumens and lux than the XPG2 which led to me asking why/ how it's doing it. If was smaller you would think it would put out less lumens than the XPG2 but it puts out way more. I appreciate your input. Any other thought?

lumentia

Enlightened
The XPL puts out more lumens and lux than the XPG2 which led to me asking why/ how it's doing it. If was smaller you would think it would put out less lumens than the XPG2 but it puts out way more. I appreciate your input. Any other thought?

I seem to remember something about how the xpg2 not focusing as well in this reflector than other reflectors, while the xpl does focus well. From what I understand the xpg2 requires very, very precise location to be able to focus well in the larger reflectors, and this one is especially ornery. On the other hand, the xpl focuses well in this reflector even though it is a larger emitter than the xpg2. Couple that with the higher lumens, xpl outperforms xpg2 in this instance.

I'm pulling all this from memory, which may be way off so take that for what it's worth lol ;)

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to remember something about how the xpg2 not focusing as well in this reflector than other reflectors, while the xpl does focus well. From what I understand the xpg2 requires very, very precise location to be able to focus well in the larger reflectors, and this one is especially ornery. On the other hand, the xpl focuses well in this reflector even though it is a larger emitter than the xpg2. Couple that with the higher lumens, xpl outperforms xpg2 in this instance.

I'm pulling all this from memory, which may be way off so take that for what it's worth lol ;)

That would make sense. Thanks for your insight. I wonder whatever makes it difficult? At first maybe the size of the reflector but then the M25C2Tvn has an equally large reflector, so maybe it's in the depth of it. Hmmm.... something to ponder. Thanks Lumentia

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Most Popular Thrower of 2015 ;-)

This operation is getting to be a habit!

:paypal:

K40Lvn

$125 Current boost only

+ $15 XPL HI 6500K PDTc
+ $35 Large Copper HS
+ $5 "V54" hand engraved

TOTAL $195.

Last edited:

Latest posts