• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

K60vn - First XHP70 Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I Googled some pics of the sand color and I'm not opposed to it, stands out in a see of black lights for sure. I welcome a picture of your modded one though :)

You ONLY have sand now right?

I got black too. Otherwise I would be trying to persuade you to go sand due to stock ;-)

ven

Flashaholic
Do it Mr Turtle,:poke: its an awesome all round light, love the tint! The UI is great too...........tbh though if me i would be tempted for the sand just for it to be different. Kind of breaks the black lights up some and makes a change.

:thumbsup:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do it Mr Turtle,[emoji14]oke: its an awesome all round light, love the tint! The UI is great too...........tbh though if me i would be tempted for the sand just for it to be different. Kind of breaks the black lights up some and makes a change.

[emoji106]
Truth! I'm debating what to sell to fund...only thing I have that would pay for it is my Prometheus AlphaVN and I told myself I'd never part with it...

markr6

Flashaholic
Skip eating for a week.
You'll get a new flashlight and a slimmer waistline. Lol

The sad thing is, I see this as somewhat rational thinking :)

OK not stop completely, but much, much less and cheaper food.

MaxBeam

Enlightened
Skip eating for a week.
You'll get a new flashlight and a slimmer waistline. Lol

The sad thing is, I see this as somewhat rational thinking :)
emoji106.png

Lol, I thought that's how everyone funded their Vinh collection!

knucklehead726

Newly Enlightened
I just took del of a sand colored K60vn yesterday. I have a half a dozen big, black lights. This color is cool. I choose this color and wouldn't trade back. Aside from that, it puts out a killer beam. I have a TK75VN and I like this one better. Get one, you won't regret it. Vinh, how's my P60vn -spec. 4 coming?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'd like to order one of these. Love the XHP70 and would love to see it behind a reflector like this light offers. What's avail in stock right now? I'd prefer the black if u have it.

Thanks!
Daniel

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Daniel, imho it has one of the best beams , just perfect for throw/spill in a very nice light. I am surprised its not more popular tbh as it is like a killer throw tk75 in ways but without pedals..........

Around 230kcd(vinh is conservative) is plenty for most uses..........

Go for it!!!:thumbsup:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same LED P60 drop in from VOB running two 18500 cells, neutral tint and I love it. It's not doing the XHP70 justice though in such a small host. Ive wanted this exact setup since this emitter came out and this light offers just that. Always been a pursuit to find that perfect light that offers both Flood AND throw and I think this is the best option on the market currently. That AND I'll have my first Vihn light :thumbsup:

thanks for the input!

ven

Flashaholic
Welcome and you will not be disappointed :D, the shaved dome give it a real nice tint, maybe 500k less which is cooler side of neutral.

The slight OP reflector really smooths out the beam/spot

IMHO engraving is a must, go for the v54 as just finishes it off nicely and gives it a personal touch

Look forward to your impressions :thumbsup:

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
Glad to see some interest in this light again. I've been looking at this light for quite some time now. On the fence about ordering one with either the shaved dome XHP70 or the XHP70 neutral white. I know I'll lose some lumens with either choice, but I don't care for a beam that is too cool. The problem is eveytime I get ready to pull the trigger, Vinh comes out with something else!

ven

Flashaholic
I am not the best to judge kelvin , 5500k would be my guess. Still good colour rendition without being too washed out or artificial to my eyes anyway.
The gravel track and greens are pretty well represented here on the iphone6 in the spill.

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Hello.... Bueller?... Bueller?...

does anyone know if Vihn is still even making these?

You should have your wife video your impression when you first take it out at night. This is Vihn's best all around thrower in my humble opinion. It checks all the right boxes, including good run time due to thermal management, which ALOT of Vihn's lights are pretty miserable at. I'm sure you will be very pleased with the K60vn.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should have your wife video your impression when you first take it out at night. This is Vihn's best all around thrower in my humble opinion. It checks all the right boxes, including good run time due to thermal management, which ALOT of Vihn's lights are pretty miserable at. I'm sure you will be very pleased with the K60vn.

alas... No wife to be accountable to! ��������. Good to hear though the above. I'm more into practical users as opposed to show queens... Though I do have a few ��. As soon I hear back from Vihn I'll get an order placed. Looking forward to this one!