Klarus RS80

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light will be bought by search and rescue and other industry in the main i imagine.No doubt the buyer will buy in extra batteries when they become available.I think the design is very retro style like many old work lamps of the past but now bang up to date.I think the end user would prefer this shape.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this a lot and will probably try to get hold of one when they are freely available in the UK / EU

Looking forward to reading a hands on review.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
How annoying!!

My RS80 arrived today, really nice build quality and form factor but no battery in it !!!!

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Came from a Hong Kong ebay seller.

They provided good comms and fast efficient shipping. I've only just messaged them and HK is asleep at the moment but I expect they will sort it.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 weeks from original order and still no battery pack. Seller started off well but is now just full of excuses. :-(

celler

Newly Enlightened
It may be time to let us know who they are in the jeers section so that the rest of us can steer clear. There appears to be two eBay sellers out there with this light. The look of their listings are very similar. May be the same company. I found "shipped the battery separately" to be suspect myself. Good luck resolving this. We're pulling for ya.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be fair there was an acceptable reason for them to ship the battery separately which I cant really go into here but of course that's irrelevant if I never get it :)

if the worst comes to the worst I'll have to make a pack but that leaves a bit of a sour taste.

It's a pitty as the light itself is very very well made and a great design. Once i can run it up I'll post a review.

I hear what you say about a jeers post but I'll give them a bit longer before I do that in public. If anyone is about to order one and wants to know who the seller is just drop me a PM

RTJ

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

anyone got some info on the safety of the batterypack? Is it safe to charge ie. balanced?

Thanks!

celler

Newly Enlightened
Did anyone ever get their hands on one complete with battery pack?

Last edited:

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a £50 refund via eBay and made my own pack in the end.

The light is great. I find the form factor good for a 'grab and go' light to keep near the door and the thing lights up whatever you point it at leaving no hiding place. I can see it being a great light to keep down the side of the seat in a working SUV too.

The U/I is great once you get used to it and it's well balanced in the hand.

celler

Newly Enlightened
Made your own batter pack? Wow, that's getting down to the end of the rope. What was the problem with getting a battery pack? Was it three or four 18650s?

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seller didn't ship the battery pack with the light and kept promising a replacement but it never came.

Pack id 6 x 18650 6600mA

The plug in the light fell apart too but I still like it !

celler

Newly Enlightened
Maybe I'll wait until they get the bugs worked out and can ship the battery with the light. I can tell, you I would not have been as understanding as you were being shipped a light without a battery pack and ending up making my own and then having the charging port fail.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was actually the internal plug that connects into the battery pack for easy change. The insulator in the plug fell apart.

I wasn't happy and would have preferred them to send me a pack as it cost me more than £50 to make up a pack and a balanced charging circuit with fuse etc.
I would have probably had to do away with the plug anyway as I needed the space for the circuitry.

I blame the seller rather than Klarus although the plug and socket arrangement to connect the battery pack is a weak point and unnecessary IMHO.

Latest posts