Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Re: Knife & Light pics.

I believe it is the evil lock mechanisms that are a legal concern in the UK.
no thats fine for uk carry. if it had a lock then its a different story
So if a knife is capable of being flicked open it's still okay then? That would be good news, as it's a bit easier to find knives with a stud, hole or lever these days.

spankone

Enlightened

dont quote me on it lol. but the guys on british blades carry friction folders. i wouldn't cary a flick knife though. or a gravity knife

spankone

Enlightened

P1100767.jpg

Robinda

Newly Enlightened

dont quote me on it lol. but the guys on british blades carry friction folders. i wouldn't cary a flick knife though. or a gravity knife
Both Flick Knives and butterfly or gravity knives are illegal to carry in the UK although most would be illegal anyway as their blades exceed 3 inches the maximum legal size.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

So if a knife is capable of being flicked open it's still okay then? That would be good news, as it's a bit easier to find knives with a stud, hole or lever these days.

No.

Anything that would scare the civilians in the UK will get you looked at very closely. (Most likely by the "1984"-style cameras dotting the area in London.)

There's the "Good reason" clause for carrying a fixed blade or folder with a lock. But keep in mind that the officer you encounter is the one who'll decide whether or not your good reason is good enough not to arrest you.

Even if your knife is technically legal, you could encounter problems. While both a non-locking SAK and a Spyderco UK penknife are legal to carry, it's no secret that officers in England have a very negative attitude towards Sal's street-legal Spyderco. To avoid hassles a SAK is better.

The knife pictured above is a good alternative to a locking folder, but don't bring unwanted attention to yourself by flicking the blade open.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

No.

Anything that would scare the civilians in the UK will get you looked at very closely. (Most likely by the "1984"-style cameras dotting the area in London.)

There's the "Good reason" clause for carrying a fixed blade or folder with a lock. But keep in mind that the officer you encounter is the one who'll decide whether or not your good reason is good enough not to arrest you.

Even if your knife is technically legal, you could encounter problems. While both a non-locking SAK and a Spyderco UK penknife are legal to carry, it's no secret that officers in England have a very negative attitude towards Sal's street-legal Spyderco. To avoid hassles a SAK is better.

The knife pictured above is a good alternative to a locking folder, but don't bring unwanted attention to yourself by flicking the blade open.
That's quite a bit closer to what I expected. I know that my brother has never carried his original Paul knife because of worrying about it being taken. Last year though I sent him back with a Cold Steel Trailmaster and he had no problems. I cut up quite a bit of wood before giving it to him and customs just looked at it and said "Nice knife".

Recently he was saying how much he likes my Benchmade 525 and I wonder if there's anything close to comparable feel-wise to it.

nbp

Flashaholic

Just received my first two custom knives from John Landi, a Kinzua and a PSK (you can see my thread about it for more details) and I thought I'd try my hand at a couple knife/light pics. Sorry if they suck. :sick2:

p1000410n.jpg

p1000412n.jpg

p1000420f.jpg

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does that muzzle break really do anything? It just seems like either they don't to anything or handgun makers deliberately leave them off... legal reasons?

TwinBlade

Enlightened

Is that the Military? That is one SEXY knife man. I love the framelock, G10/Titanium, and what's this? CPM M4??

I saw a steel chart on that steel. It is most definitely in the super steel category.

Very VERY nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jellydonut

Enlightened

Does that muzzle break really do anything? It just seems like either they don't to anything or handgun makers deliberately leave them off... legal reasons?
Compensators are good for competition use but if you were to use it for example in dark conditions the muzzle flash would screw up your night vision like a camera flash. There are plenty of dramatic photos capturing the increased and often upwards-directed flash the compensators create. The porting also increases the loudness of the gun.