L3 Illumination L10C - Nichia 219 - Breaking Easily

mcm308

Enlightened
2 weeks EDCing an L10C with XPG. So far so good. I like it alot except for the clip that bends easy. But its also easy to bend back every once in a while to tighten it back up.

liquidrazer

Newly Enlightened
just an update guys, still no word on a replacement. I emailed the dealer asking if there is an update on the situation. i will update the time line in the opening post.

update: they replied to my email stating that the replacement has been shipped out. i should be receiving the light today!

Last edited:

liquidrazer

Newly Enlightened
The light came in yesterday (2014-10-21). Seems to be working fine. I will be updating you guys in a week or so of EDC use.

Quality

Newly Enlightened
My L10 has had problems since I bought it. Sometimes it wont turn on, Sometimes it turns off while its on. This is the only light I have ever had problems with.

Kind of sad considering I've spent far less and gotten much more reliable lights.

jayke

Newly Enlightened
I am having an issue with my light as well. The 3rd mode just stopped working after about a week. The light has less than 15 minutes of use on it. I tried multiple batteries and it is still the same problem. To make things worse I have emailed IS multiple times, filled out their contact form, called and left a voicemail. They have never contacted me back. I am surprised out how bad their customer service is as it has been at least a month of multiple tries.

liquidrazer

Newly Enlightened
I am having an issue with my light as well. The 3rd mode just stopped working after about a week. The light has less than 15 minutes of use on it. I tried multiple batteries and it is still the same problem. To make things worse I have emailed IS multiple times, filled out their contact form, called and left a voicemail. They have never contacted me back. I am surprised out how bad their customer service is as it has been at least a month of multiple tries.

i did notice that my L10C (replacement) will stop allowing you to use the highest brightness mode when the battery is low on juice (which i think i cool). as stated in my op, my light died and was replaced by dealer (sbflashlights) and was a very straight forward replacement process. i emailed them, we exchanged some emails back and forth, was instructed to ship them the dead light, they received it and i got my replacement. this is all stated in the timeline of the op. thats not cool that ur light is having issues, i wish you the best of luck on repair/replacement.

Quality

Newly Enlightened

I didn't want to go out of my way to speak negatively about a company here, but I have had the same exact experience with Illumination Supply. Emails and contact forms were filled out and I got no response. Now I'm stuck with a light that doesn't work properly.

Xe54

Enlightened
I've had 2 out of 5 L10 or L10C fail due to a fall from 0.5 to 1.0m. There seems to be a design problem.

The L10's I've bought are the only Nichia lights (other than my Beta QR) that have a nearly perfect beam color distribution. I mean, no tint rings. Just perfect creamy white, barely pinkish slightly cool white. Love it. Then they went and changed to the newer Nichia in the L10C that has more problems with tint rings.

I'm getting sick and tired of stupid tints and color fringes!

PS Forgot to mention, I've bought a bunch more L10's to use as inspection lights mounted on some Loc-Line and a 123 block. This has become one of my indispensible tools. But I won't carry a L10[C] as an EDC where reliability counts.

Last edited:

ThrottleMonkey

Newly Enlightened
I have been carrying mine everyday since I have received it. There has been a oops or two drop from a minimal distance. I have had a hiccup or two with the light stuttering through modes. However, with all of this said, it is still being EDC'ed and is still working. I have another one, as I purchased 2 initially, that is still sitting in the drawer waiting for use. I hope that I do not have any issues with that one. BTW these are both L10c 4 mode lights with the Nichia 219.

Last edited:

liquidrazer

Newly Enlightened
Ive been EDCing the replacement light since i got it (2014-10-22) and i couldnt pass up on the cyber monday sale that was going on and bought another 1 but in black this time. Black L10C 4 mode Nicha 219. I really like this light and the replacement has been very good to me. I will say i have not had any accidents with it thou (no drops or hard knocks) and its been working for me and have been carrying it every day.

GatorMedic

Newly Enlightened
I've owned one (Natural 4 mode Nichia 219) for a couple months and have dropped it a few times (couple times on carpet, couple times on tile). Hasn't ever had an issue. Still works, no stuttering, or any other problems. Personally I love this light. Bought two more as back-ups on Cyber Monday. Hope those two are just as good as my current one

liquidrazer

Newly Enlightened
well guys. the replacement light lasted 2 months. i was extra careful with this one and im surprised it lasted as long as did considering how it can die so easily. I asked for another RMA, but we will see what happenes with that. i am disappointed because i took advantage of the cyber monday deal for another L10C thinking the first light was just a lemon. Since the L10C died, yet again.... Any1 got a good AAA or AA EDC light they can recommend that can take its place? im currently using my old trusty foursevens preon1 in gold and like the modes but I would like a firefly/moonlight mode and HIGH CRI emitter if possible.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any1 got a good AAA or AA EDC light they can recommend that can take its place? im currently using my old trusty foursevens preon1 in gold and like the modes but I would like a firefly/moonlight mode and HIGH CRI emitter if possible.

If you like 4sevens lights, you could get a Quark QPA, which is a 1xAA light. Good mode selection, easy to use, but unfortunately only comes in cool white.

In neutral white, there are a few non-4sevens options. I personally like the Zebralight SC52w-L2, which is a 1xAA light with a neutral white emitter. It's not really high CRI, but it's higher than cool white, and I can't see much difference between it and my Nichia 219A (high CRI) light, at least not in the hot spot. The Zebralight also has much higher output than the 4sevens 1xAA lights, and has 3 different moonlight modes you can program.

liquidrazer

Newly Enlightened
im currently looking at the eagletac D clicky series as my EDC light. The D25A and D25C both look pretty good for my purposes. I noticed that illuminationgear has a selection of emitter for them. CREE XP-G2 R5 LED, CREE XM-L2 U2, or NICHIA 219b as choices and can select warm or cool tints minus the nichia which only comes in "HIGH CRI".