L3 Illumination's L10 Nichia 219

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering the same thing, what is the runtime on medium?

Well, I just did some tail cap readings, and I would have to say it is hard work trying to compress that foam ring to make contact and hold the probes..

anyway, with an Eneloop, 2000mAh first gen white which had min. rating of 1900 but last tested to be 1958 mAh I got the readings:
firefly: N/A, low: 0.04A, medium: 0.25A, high: 1.9A
so medium based on a 2000mAh battery would give you 8 hours.

Funnily enough, low should actually give you 50 hours and high only 1 hour. Sorry, multimeter just couldn't get low enough for firefly, just a cheapie.

The other strange thing, with an Ultracell 2000 LSD from Aldi, Imedion 2100 LSD, Turnigy 2200 LSD, Varta 2300 LSD, all readings were the same except high, which hovered around 1.5A and 1.6A. Voltage sag does seem to play a part. Might have to do some ceiling bounce readings.

bwm

Newly Enlightened
The light I received this week is a Natural Nichia. I put a fully charged eneloop in it and I am experiencing a 2 second reset time.

dusty99

Newly Enlightened
2 sec. every time, and from every mode? As I posted elsewhere, mine seems to vary between 2-4 sec (mostly 3-4).

The light I received this week is a Natural Nichia. I put a fully charged eneloop in it and I am experiencing a 2 second reset time.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
anyway, with an Eneloop, 2000mAh first gen white which had min. rating of 1900 but last tested to be 1958 mAh I got the readings:
firefly: N/A, low: 0.04A, medium: 0.25A, high: 1.9A
so medium based on a 2000mAh battery would give you 8 hours. .

Thanks for posting, not bad!

bwm

Newly Enlightened
Yes, 2 seconds from every mode. My eneloop is now probably 1/3 to 1/2 down in capacity from use in the light.
Further info: my light is a 4 mode light.

markr6

Flashaholic
I would like to get one of these but not starting in HIGH mode is a deal breaker :(

Lithium466

Enlightened
Not starting in low is for me a deal breaker :D I use mainly my lights at night, and I hate lights that start in high, ruins my night vision...
I'd like to see a AAA version :twothumbs

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer lights that start in L. I don't understand why I should cycle through modes to get to L. By the time I get to L, my night vision is ruined and I need M.

The only way to make everyone happy is to have a memory mode. I have a Tank 007 E09 and a Prometheus Ready-Made and they have memory mode. The problem is that no one is happy with memory mode because you actually have to think. So you can't make everyone happy unless you offer 2 versions - LMH and HML. Then the cost goes up.

markr6

Flashaholic
Not starting in low is for me a deal breaker :D I use mainly my lights at night, and I hate lights that start in high, ruins my night vision...
I'd like to see a AAA version :twothumbs

I think it would be really ideal to have an option. One that starts in low for my night stand and one or more for in the car, home, etc. that start in HIGH

Right now I use my H51 on the night stand so I can start it in moonlight mode when I wake up - absolutely necessary in this case. Otherwise I'll probably always use high to start.

jcw122

Enlightened
I think I'm gonna order a Nichia 219 version.

Can someone describe the mode interface? Is it just a pure twisting from Off to Mode 1..2..3..etc?

Now comes the long decision between orange and white..hmm..

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, twist on-off-on to go from L - M - H.

I have both the orange and white. The white is more like paint and is already chipping. The orange is fine. I don't have it, but the natural looks nice, too.

dusty99

Newly Enlightened
My "natural" finish L10 is already chipping, but not much (yet). As for modes, starting on "low" or "high" will always irritate the other half of the buyers. At this point I like having memory in my 1xAA lights (like my Thrunite T10), but it shouldn't be that hard to program dual mode progressions (L-M-H & H-M-L) since Eagletac already provides two basic mode options on the clicky series (except it's Moon-low-med & Low-Med-High - you choose by tightening/loosening the head quickly three times after clicking it on).

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
I've been playing around a bit with some nearly dead alkalines, just to see what the moonlight mode is like as a 'battery vampire'. It appears that the moonlight mode dims despite the fact I can bump it up to low and medium to get quite a lot more lumens. On my Olight i2, low mode only starts dimming when L,M,H modes are all similar brightness... :thinking:

Last edited:

JJohn

Enlightened
Due to the way I use lights and night vision issues, I love L-M-H order. I thought that I would like memory in a light, but I learned that I do not. I turned off that function on my primary EDC. I would forget that last time I used it, perhaps a few days earlier, I had it on high. Then, with dark adapted eyes, I would blind myself and disturb others turning the light on in a tent, for example. I always want to start in low.

I will try one of these L10's.

jcw122

Enlightened
Just got mine in white! I got the 4-mode version, I love it! Firefly mode is extremely dim, even more dim than the 4Sevens moonlight mode, but does still seem usable. I really like the FF-L-M-H order too. This light is surprisingly bright for just a single AA. Great light!

I love the white color, although I wish it was matte white not glossy white.

Here's a pic:

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
My orange four mode with Nichia219 arrived late last week, I prefer the nuetral tint over the extra output of the xpg2 :)

Pilot

Newly Enlightened
Just received one of these in black due to the recommendations here. My LED is centered, and it works great. I got the four position, and glad I did. It is a keeper! I may like it better than my Quark Tactical.

turkeylord

Enlightened
Still loving mine as well. Still no problems with running a 14500. I added a rubber grip off of a pen which makes it comfortable to bite and work with both hands...

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
Love mine, too. When I get home and take off my leatherman/flashlight holster I slip this into my pocket. The tint is excellent and it's the right size - very small but not too small. The moonlight and low modes are perfect for getting around my house in the dark and checking on the little ones as they sleep while the high mode is bright enough to illuminate a small room with ceiling bounce. I've used it every day since it arrived and I have to say that, dollar for dollar, this my be the best light I've purchased.

Latest posts