• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lamplighter LED keychain lanterns

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look incredible.. I must have a brass one for myself and I'm sure my dad would love a copper!
Please add me to the list;

(x1) 3 Window Brass
(x1) 3 Window Copper

Thanks!

Thanks for the interest AndrwTNT, got you on the list!

Please put me down for two more brass 2 window. My family saw mine and now must have two more : )
Thx!

!!! :D I consider this a great compliment Thud. Very happy to hear it's been a hit! Got you on the list.
These little things look so amazing! :wow:

I'd be honoured to be included on the least. Please put me down for one 3 window copper version.

Sure thing GötterDamnerung!

For anyone following along it's been a rather busy work/family week so I haven't had time to update the thread but things are still happening! The Pyrex rod that fits the best was also the dirtiest so it had to go through 2-3 rounds of washing. Any junk on the glass gets charred when the ends are flamed so cleanliness is important.

Got a free hour today to flame the ends and now I have a good number of glass pieces to continue the builds with. Should be more shipping notifications coming soon, plus I have a few pictures for people who are into that kind of thing.

Getting the timing right took a while to master - if you get things too hot the glass melts and starts to mushroom cap and then they won't fit in the Lamplighter.
run1flaming2ndglass.jpg

Perfect! The microfractures in the edge have been melted together to resist chipping, but the tube itself hasn't started to flow and deform.
run1flamedglassedge.jpg

Nice and clean with no baked on dust/lint.
run1niceandclean.jpg

Assuming they all fit, should be more than enough to finish all hosts I have on hand.
run1hopetheyfit.jpg

Stay tuned!

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the outlook for a Ti host? You know I'm in for a couple of those. In the meantime, if I can get them in time for the holidays, put me on the list for another pair Brass coated 3 window, Cu uncoated 3 window.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the outlook for a Ti host? You know I'm in for a couple of those. In the meantime, if I can get them in time for the holidays, put me on the list for another pair Brass coated 3 window, Cu uncoated 3 window.

Heh, well there's no current plan for a Ti host but if there's interest then I'll certainly consider it. I hate to say it monanza but I don't see 2 more Lamplighters happening in time for the holidays. :shakehead Not only am I still working on Run #1 but Run #2 hasn't even been sent to the shop yet. After making this many I know exactly what I'm going to change to make assembly faster & more efficient, so I'm certain things will be speedier in the New Year.

:candle:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK thanks. Perhaps an interest list might be the thing to kick off the Ti edition. I'd be in for two. Also, I would not mind a bronze edition. Finally, put me on the list anyway. I can always surprise friends after the holidays.

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been enjoying my lamplighter for a few days..I'm getting lots of compliments and many questions - so far no one knows what it is! That tells how unique this little gem is
It stays with me and my keys every day and I love it, thanks Calipsoii!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been enjoying my lamplighter for a few days..I'm getting lots of compliments and many questions - so far no one knows what it is! That tells how unique this little gem is
It stays with me and my keys every day and I love it, thanks Calipsoii!

Even better with a picture.. next to a DQG Fairy and LionArmory Cobra

:D :D Great to hear Jmayot! Love the intricacy of that Cobra hook. :drool:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

Just a quick update to let you know I'm still here and we're still making progress on Run #1. Been making Lamplighters every single night for the last 2 weeks but less than half of those evenings have ended successfully. :mad: Assembly can be a bit tricky and each of these failed for different reasons.
run1bustedlamplighters.jpg

The other evenings have been successful though, so expect a few PM's to go out soon! :naughty:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Str8stroke, didi_1606, jso902, and h and k man: you have a PM! :naughty:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to say all the Run #1 Lamplighters have been built and (most) are either with their new owners or fighting their way through Christmas parcel traffic. I just wanted to thank everyone who bought one and I hope they'll glow quietly on your keychains for many long years. :)

A few people expressed interest after the Run #1 cut-off and as a result I don't have hosts, which is why I started a Run #2 interest list. In the early New Year I'd like to see how many people we can round up for Run #2 and see about placing another order with Chris.

In the meantime I have a few extra empty hosts that I'm going to build out. Some styles I simply have none left (like 3-window coppers) but there are a few 2 window brass bodies, etc. If someone on the Run #2 list requested a Lamplighter that I happen to have available I plan to offer it to them so please don't feel like I'm choosing them over you! In January we'll get the ball rolling on Run #2 and then there should be enough for everyone. :huh:

Thanks for following along and I will strive to keep everyone up-to-date via this thread. Until then, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

:santa:

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So will I! I'm enjoying it everyday! Currently it's on my keychain inside a bag while I'm traveling accross China. I forget about it until I come accross a little glowy thingy inside the bag, it's always on, always there, glowing softly inside the bag. None of my flashlights would do that, it's unique, precious and I love it, thanks again for creating this!!

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can switch mine from Run #2 to two windows on both Cu and Brass if you have them. Thanks. I actually should have asked for that to start with since I already got the 3 window version.

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just received mine last night. WOW, that's about all I can say. I feel very lucky to have been on the list :twothumbs