• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lamplighter LED keychain lanterns

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd forgotten about this thread. Hope all are feeling better by now & looking forward to updates on a second batch.

Oh no! That's definitely not what I like to hear (but it's certainly well-deserved). As of late we've been so busy that the Lamplighter project hasn't gotten the love it needs. It's a hard thing to acknowledge but I'm sure you can see it's true so no need to beat around the bush. :eek:

The problem I'm facing is that Lamplighters in their current form take quite some time to assemble! (3-5 hours each depending on luck). Lot of work involved in soldering the driver, preparing the glass, stringing the wires, etc. I'm currently finding 2-3 free hours per week. :faint:

Give me a couple weeks to look at my schedule and shuffle things around a bit. I will see if there is some time hiding somewhere to work on the Lamplighters I have on hand. For the next run I'm certainly going to have to redesign the assembly phase to be less work so I can keep on top of things.

Thanks again to anyone who is still following along! :candle: I don't like giving disappointing news but life has a way of shuffling plans around so let me experiment a bit and let's see if we can get things rolling here.

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
Thanks for the update! Appreciate the honesty.

Oh no! That's definitely not what I like to hear (but it's certainly well-deserved). As of late we've been so busy that the Lamplighter project hasn't gotten the love it needs. It's a hard thing to acknowledge but I'm sure you can see it's true so no need to beat around the bush. :eek:

The problem I'm facing is that Lamplighters in their current form take quite some time to assemble! (3-5 hours each depending on luck). Lot of work involved in soldering the driver, preparing the glass, stringing the wires, etc. I'm currently finding 2-3 free hours per week. :faint:

Give me a couple weeks to look at my schedule and shuffle things around a bit. I will see if there is some time hiding somewhere to work on the Lamplighters I have on hand. For the next run I'm certainly going to have to redesign the assembly phase to be less work so I can keep on top of things.

Thanks again to anyone who is still following along! :candle: I don't like giving disappointing news but life has a way of shuffling plans around so let me experiment a bit and let's see if we can get things rolling here.

saypat

Enlightened
I just want to chime in here and say that Mike is one of the nicest, integrity-filled, men I have ever worked with. Shocked me a few times on just how far he would bend on an issue.. I only wish he wasn't so busy :shakehead

I had to replace the batteries in my Lamplighter for the 1st time. Being a 'cheapskate', and going against Mike's advice, I purchased some cheapos: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262055828454

10 in a pack for .71!!! They work fine, for now. I'm monitoring their duration. So, enuf for a year for a buck-forty. I had something else to use them with as well. Good thing was the expiration date was 2020! I have already reordered some more. I know Mike mentioned leakage, have to keep an eye on them.

thought: I really like this Lamplighter, it is one QUALITY piece of workmanship! However, I am not using mine. It just sits in between the pages of a book. It is TOO NICE for me to put into practical use. I'm just that way. It is still MINT, BRAND NEW! I have my eye on a couple of flashlights that I would rather have, that I would get some use out of. I may be open to selling it if someone showed interest, just throwing this out there, no promises. Mine is the (3) window brass. I'll check back.

patrick

edit: my Lamplighter has been sold

Last edited:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in the second batch for 2 pieces but I will take yours providing that you take PayPal.

PM will do fine.

Thanks,
Tanasit

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick update on my two lamplighters: both got a new set of batteries after almost 4 months, I first was thininking I would only keep the brass OR Copper.. Both are so awesome, I can't see myself without neither of them!
Absolute lovely pieces, thank you Calipsoii for making such fine pieces!!!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I had to replace the batteries after about 3 1/2 months.

They're great keychain locators for sure.

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
I was fortunate to pick up a Lamplighter from another member & I really like it. Here it is next to a trit lantern.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Thanks for the photos and for confirming your approximate runtimes. Glad to hear they're working out well for you. :)

Wish I could tell you I've found 10 free hours per week to build Lamplighters but that hasn't happened yet. I do get the occasional hour free though so I'll continue to work on the builds and post here as things progress.

Best regards until then!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I'm averaging about 1 Lamplighter build per week right now. These are from the hosts I have left over from Run #1 so they're not necessarily being built for any particular person. Once I get a few more assembled I'll take inventory and see if anyone is interested in them.

Thanks for your patience during this incredible wait! I'm mainly just happy to have found a few hours free per week to work on these. It means Run #2 might be a very slow proposition but it's not cancelled yet. :)

Cheers!

og44

Newly Enlightened
Hi all!

I'm averaging about 1 Lamplighter build per week right now. These are from the hosts I have left over from Run #1 so they're not necessarily being built for any particular person. Once I get a few more assembled I'll take inventory and see if anyone is interested in them.

Thanks for your patience during this incredible wait! I'm mainly just happy to have found a few hours free per week to work on these. It means Run #2 might be a very slow proposition but it's not cancelled yet. :)

Cheers!

yayyy! excellent news! Please put me down for one 3 window copper.

Zandar

Enlightened
Please add me to the interest list for run number 2, thank you, Zandar.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi egginator1!

The interest list is definitely still alive so I've added you to it! :) I've had to step away from the Lamplighter project for a bit which is why there hasn't been an update in a while. There are a number of reasons for that but I think the primary one is that I was burning out trying to assemble them in my couple free hours per week. It's been very good for me to set them down for a month and rethink the design & assembly method and it's rekindled my passion for the project in a big way.

As soon as I complete the 15VP v2 prototype you can bet I'll be back in action getting Run #2 of the Lamplighters off the ground. :)