Laser Pointer that Uses AAA or AA Batteries.

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
I have 3 radio shack within 10 minutes of me. I also got my laser pointer for my cats from Radio Shack.

Living Faith

Newly Enlightened
i would like to buy a green laser pointer that has a METAL CASING, not plastic, that uses two AAA oy AA batteries, or rechargables with a charger, that can be seen in broad daylight on tree limbs. I assume it will be more powerful than 5mw. I do not want to pay more than $20.00, but would consider doing so if absolutely necessary. Does anyone have a link or direction that won't be removed?

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a couple of 2AAA green laser pointer for £1.29 each, 1mw just for playing with my two kittens, In the UK we are limited to class 2 lasers, which google says is 1mw or below.

Had to order it from eBay, I usually buy from AliExpress but for some reason they will not ship to the UK, and i only selected 1mw class 2 lasers that are legal as far as i know.

John.

mzil

Enlightened
My limited experience found that cats seemed to find green light lasers rather boring, but let us know your results. Maybe my mom's cat has some sort of color vision deficiency and it is peculiar to just her's.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of youtube video`s of cats chasing green lasers

But i found this disturbing youtube video showing that 1mw ebay lasers can be 50-80mw in reality as i wanted an 1mw so i did not damage may cats eyes this is a bity of a shock.

I am still waiting for delivery as it normally takes between 10 and 30 days from hong hong/china for delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYiWWUaQwRY

John.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found in my exp, cats tend to chase red dots more than green but will attempt to attack the actual beam with green lasers. I suspect that this is because, like us, cats can see the green beam much easier than the red. I've even gotten my cats to do backflips while chasing the green beam in the air rather than the actual dot.

staudi

Newly Enlightened
I bought this one from DX

[h=1]SD-280 5mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer - Black (2*AA) over 3 years ago and it's still working fine.[/h]I'm using rechargeable Eneloops 2000MAh.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
A recent comment from that youtube video:
"Cheap laser especially at 532 nm could leak IR at 808 nm and 1064 nm just before it enters the crystal like YAG, LLF, etc. So 50 mw of green laser power could significantly leak dangerous forms of IR."

Still looking for a certified 1 mW or less laser to use with the cats.