LED christmas tree - pre-lit

Darell

Flashaholic
I vote for the Hammacher Schlemmer, because of :

#1. That's a great looking tree and fantastic warranty.

#2. The sheer entertainment of friends trying to pronounce the manufacturers name after several cups of spiked eggnog.

Your vote has been recorded, and counts twice.
That they MOLD the 11,000 tips is crazy! I'm gonna guess that these are not made in the USA. Shipping is $30, so this definitely becomes a bit of an investment, closing in on $300.

nightshade

Enlightened
Your vote has been recorded, and counts twice.
That they MOLD the 11,000 tips is crazy! I'm gonna guess that these are not made in the USA. Shipping is $30, so this definitely becomes a bit of an investment, closing in on $300.

Ouch! I'm harbored in a tiny coastal town, collecting redfish. The local Wally is the be all, end all here. But I recognized the brand and having several, years old, Wally gift certificates made the Vickerman purchase easy. For what it is, I don't regret the purchase.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! Look who's here.
Man! I hate to disappoint like this... but Darell 2.0 is old and lazy. :)

I don't buy it for a minute, where is the real Darell............you pod person.:p

And to you as well! Are you still in the area?.

Thank you and yes.

You are NOT making this easier. grrr.

Any other votes?

I thought my first reply was my vote, but since you insist, the hammock spittoon thinga ma jig. :santa:

Darell

Flashaholic
OK! Thanks all for voting. The polls are now closed.

If I'd taken my typical advice, I'd have purchased both. But because "reduction of inventory" is the whole point here, I just bought the one. Not surprisingly, I bought the expensive one. I decided on that one for the following reasons:

1. Noble Fir (fir I am nobility)
2. More tips than I can shake a stick at.
3. Lifetime satisfaction warranty.
4. I made them pay for the shipping.
5. Not from Walmart
and a bonus
6. fewer LEDs. (wait, what?!. Yup. I figured 200 was more than enough, and the 250 on the other one was likely a bit too much for a 4.5' tree, ya know?)

Thank you everybody for playing. I'll be sure and let you all know how it goes... and how many mods I perform before I'm happy with it.

Cheers,

Darell

Flashaholic
Your demand is my command. Or something.

Here's how it looks so far:

Item : 86592 WHI
Name : The World's Best Prelit Noble Fir (4.5' Full LED).
Price : $249.95
Quantity : 1
Item Subtotal : $249.95
Gift Wrap : No

nbp

Flashaholic
I have nothing to add aside from the observation that you crack me up Darell. :crackup: It's a shame that like 17,800 of your 18,000 posts came before I got here. You are getting old! Lol. ;)

Darell

Flashaholic
My earlier posts were WAY the hell better than this. If I were still an admin, I'd be forced to ban myself for banality.

But! I appreciate your kind comments. And your service here! Thank you!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
So did you get the HS one?

I just clicked the link as I haven't been following the updates to this thread much. I think it's a great looking tree. Very full and not "stickly" like many of the other fakes are. The Vickerman one looks weird with all these extra branches sticking out further than others.

Darell

Flashaholic
You've managed to find something more interesting to do besides follow the blow-by-blow excitement of this thread?! I find that hard to believe. You aren't going to find more thrills anywhere on the 'net. At least not until they figure out how to stream moving pictures or something.

Yes, I purchased the HS unit. A smoldering bargain when you consider that per tip, the price is just 2.2c.
And if I assume the tips are free, it's still just 80c per LED!

When push comes to shove, I really couldn't afford NOT to buy it.

Darell

Flashaholic
OK... well... finding thrills OFF of the 'net is a whole different story. As I'm afraid of the real world, I'll have to live vicariously through intrepid folks like you.

Tree-killer!

Darell

Flashaholic
Is there anything better than the smell of freshly-cut pine?

I sure hope my new plastic tree comes with a can of that smell! :sigh: