Led Lenser F1R

Awen

Newly Enlightened
You really cannot go round saying things like that on a public forum.Conrad is a very professional company and I am totally shocked you think otherwise.Just downloaded this pic from their website.It looks fine to me.

Would suggest you go to the makers website and compare my picture to theirs.

Well Conrads price for this light is £122,66 in my country. The image clearly shows some red material btw lens and body. If you look at makers image you see no red. It's even clearer on this retailers site: http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/led-le...ge/led-lenser-f1r-rechargeable-led-torch.html

I guess if you really want to find out you just got to contact ledlenser and give them the serialnumber that is visible in the image you provided and they will tell you if it's a fake or not.

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Conrads price for this light is £122,66 in my country. The image clearly shows some red material btw lens and body. If you look at makers image you see no red. It's even clearer on this retailers site: http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/led-le...ge/led-lenser-f1r-rechargeable-led-torch.html

I guess if you really want to find out you just got to contact ledlenser and give them the serialnumber that is visible in the image you provided and they will tell you if it's a fake or not.
The red is the lens o-ring.

Doesn't actually mean a whole lot that one pic has a red o-ring and the other black. One of the pics could be a prototype. Or LED Lenser might have swapped to different o-rings in a later batch, etc. There are lots of possible explanations besides that one is a clone and the other is authentic.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

How strange as the pic from Conrad is the library picture from Led Lenser themselves.Guess I know who I will be sticking with.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The red is the lens o-ring.

Doesn't actually mean a whole lot that one pic has a red o-ring and the other black. One of the pics could be a prototype. Or LED Lenser might have swapped to different o-rings in a later batch, etc. There are lots of possible explanations besides that one is a clone and the other is authentic.

+1

ven

Flashaholic
Would not use the serial No as just the only reference as will be generic and maybe used on many sites, they will tell you the authorsied dealers. Name the shop, within a few button presses they will tell you. I have spoke and emailed them on a couple of occasions, their customer service is the best i have had from any manufacturer by a long way........as in free parts shipped out same day, received next when i dropped a light on a tiled floor on the tail cap.

No questions on age or where i bought(may have changed now......dont know) but i presume its part of the reason why so popular in the UK. Break today, fixed tomorrow...........about as good as it can get imo

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would not use the serial No as just the only reference as will be generic and may be used on many sites, they will tell you the authorised dealers. Name the shop, within a few button presses, they will tell you. I have spoken and emailed them on a couple of occasions, their customer service is the best I have had from any manufacturer by a long way........as in free parts shipped out the same day, received next when I dropped a light on a tiled floor on the tail cap.

No questions on age or where I bought(may have changed now......don't know) but I presume its part of the reason why so popular in the UK. Break today, fixed tomorrow...........about as good as it can get imo

And to top it all widely available to the public and trade alike plus when buying through the trade look forward to a discount.

firsttothescene

Enlightened
I just picked one of these up yesterday ( my only led lenser ) for $59.99 at cabelas ( they had it marked wrong, it was actually $119.99 ). It actually is a pretty nice light. I never would have paid $120 for it, but for $60... Eh, not bad.