Led Lenser will rule Shot Show 2015 !

bdogps

Enlightened
i aggree with your on AA and AAA-

but people here are forgetting that LL is trying to catch some countries that the batteries AA and AAA are easy to get and cheap

here in my country, you cna buy AA and AAA even in province so far from the city
unlike cr123a and 18650 and likes- which is are so expensive and you need to be in big mall in the city to get them.

so i think your from AUSsie - any specific link for your claim 80-120$ with 75 to 120lumens output?

You caught me red handed infoseeker. :oops:The brand that I saw at that price was black diamond: http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camping-Gear/revolt-headlamp?ref=related
http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Lighting/Headlamps/cosmo-headlamp

Here is a led lenser at 53.95AUD on sale now for40.46$ http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Lighting/Headlamps/H5-Focus-Headlamp

Dont get me started with this one:http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Lighting/Headlamps/M20-Waterproof-Headlamp

infoseeker

Newly Enlightened

no worries sir- as i understand quite a little bit with the pricing of led lenser to their main distro in very country i notice they have almost same pricing in SRP
some store getting less price as they are 3rd party

with the black diamond- its not known here in my country as i saw them only in one store and yup they are quite expensive per lumens ratio

on the topic - im waiting for the reinvention of the diving lights of led lenser and hmmmm maybe ATX?
though atx are not so precious requirements in industrial market in my place

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think Led Lenser is going to rule the Shot Show as there are too many other manufacturers out there offering light with 800+ lumens which LL doesn't even come close to.

I've got about a dozen LL lights. The main selling point was the focusing system.

Purchasing a basic Armytec, Fenix, or Nitecore light fills 95% of what LL light can do.

The use of AA and AAA batteries limits their lights to short duration use.

While Shot Show is a trade wide event, lots of police departments send people to see what's new in the industry. The 500 lumen LedLenser light falls short when compared to other brands.

infoseeker

Newly Enlightened
I don't think Led Lenser is going to rule the Shot Show as there are too many other manufacturers out there offering light with 800+ lumens which LL doesn't even come close to.

I've got about a dozen LL lights. The main selling point was the focusing system.

Purchasing a basic Armytec, Fenix, or Nitecore light fills 95% of what LL light can do.

The use of AA and AAA batteries limits their lights to short duration use.

While Shot Show is a trade wide event, lots of police departments send people to see what's new in the industry. The 500 lumen LedLenser light falls short when compared to other brands.

yup i will agree with you on regards to "ruling"

but F1R is already in 1000lumens (using 1x18650)
but of course just one

One thing i think the LL is ruling that others dont have is - MARKETING and NETWORK Distribution
Since its own by Leatherman now - and leatherman has already long time network distro, combining their expertise and connection is so large now
And to think one of their major consumers are on third world country to lower which flashlight are more needed
and LAST how many percent of us (flashlight-nerd / flash-aholic / flashlight-aware) compare to the consumer that flashlight for them is a tool for lightning only when needed for emergency?
Here in our country, if they heard super typhoon is coming, panic buying for flashlight is really a BANG, they even buying 2pcs or more... after the typhoon pass, they dont know anymore where is their flashlight
after a few months later there is typhoon coming again, they will buy again

still so many well known country in europe still no fenix, olight etc... but LL is already almost controlling the europe market....

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
So you stay away from companies that make high priced flashlights, but you're ok with SF, which costs much more, especially here in Oz? Do some research on how much SF's cost in retail stores, then come back to this thread. You just contradicted yourself. I've seen 6P's retail for around $250, 9Z's retailing for $450.
What you're trying to say is that because some retailers mark up more than the rest, Lensers are overpriced? This is simply not the case.

Yikes... I should pick up a suitcase full of $40 6P's and come visit down there! :)

coctailer

Newly Enlightened
So you stay away from companies that make high priced flashlights, but you're ok with SF, which costs much more, especially here in Oz? Do some research on how much SF's cost in retail stores, then come back to this thread. You just contradicted yourself. I've seen 6P's retail for around $250, 9Z's retailing for $450.
What you're trying to say is that because some retailers mark up more than the rest, Lensers are overpriced? This is simply not the case.
I'll sell ya all my 6Ps for $125 each. You will make 100% profit!!!:thumbsup:

Kyle_PL

Newly Enlightened
Also, continued usage of nimh actually fried my p7 tail circuits so yeah....
Holly ... cow :) So this is possible in LL without SLT. I have a question: do You felt warm, when LL was frying?

Endorphin

Newly Enlightened
I saw LED Lenser at CES recently.

Their F1R light was interesting, wish there was more competition in high lumen lights with strobe... but their strobe function was nearly impossible to use, and would be impossible under stress. Kind of ruins what strobe is for.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw LED Lenser at CES recently.

Their F1R light was interesting, wish there was more competition in high lumen lights with strobe... but their strobe function was nearly impossible to use, and would be impossible under stress. Kind of ruins what strobe is for.

Led Lenser aim there products at specific markets and are very good at doing so as well.Who on earth really wants a strobe on a light,as about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
I've got a H7 headlamp. There will be better and brighter headlamps out there. But I love mine. I do a lot of fishing/camping, and can't think of anything to improve on this headlamp.
To adjust the focus and brightness is so easy and user friendly. I don't even switch it off when not needed while out camping. I just adjust it to its lowest setting and power it up a bit when needed. I never had to use the spare batteries I do bring along just for in case. I love this headlight and don't even look at anything else now. I allready have a perfect match for my needs.
LL do have some nice products, like this H7.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am aware that some of their newer "r" labeled models have drivers in them, but for almost double the standard msrp of the other models.
Some/all of the R's might do, but I think R is for rechargeable.

The M series which has been around quite a while is the Microprocessor, i.e. driver with regulation. Most are programmable too with at least 2 types of regulation available.

That said, I do agree about the price point. Personally I like many of the Led Lenser products, but the more interesting ones are just priced way to high to be considered seriously.

But something like the P7.2 isn't. It performs well and while not regulated, if used with NiMh or Lithium primaries, it works really well and will pretty much match the performance of a 2D LED Mag. Maybe not on raw lumens, but in terms of actual flood ability and pretty close on throw too I suspect. The biggest difference is a P7.2 will fit in your pocket, while the Mag won't.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some/all of the R's might do, but I think R is for rechargeable.

The M series which has been around quite a while is the Microprocessor, i.e. driver with regulation. Most are programmable too with at least 2 types of regulation available.

That said, I do agree about the price point. Personally I like many of the Led Lenser products, but the more interesting ones are just priced way to high to be considered seriously.

But something like the P7.2 isn't. It performs well and while not regulated, if used with NiMh or Lithium primaries, it works really well and will pretty much match the performance of a 2D LED Mag. Maybe not on raw lumens, but in terms of actual flood ability and pretty close on throw too I suspect. The biggest difference is a P7.2 will fit in your pocket, while the Mag won't.

The secret with Led Lenser is buy them in trade stores where you can haggle for a discount. Arco are real easy and as soon as you ask they discount.