LED LENSER X21R.2 - 2014 model 3200 lumen

alert_01

Newly Enlightened
Hello There,

I would like to ask you flashaholics what do you think about this new 2014 version of LED LENSER X21R.2. I ve read that its not a famous brand for the guys that do understand flashlights.. but on the other hand.. it has been reviewed by your German colleagues, and this one does not look too bad..

http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/z...21r-2-3200-lumen-aufladbare-taschenlampe.html

What I really like on it:
- wall mount incl magnetic charger
- Flood & throw in one (like SR96 and SR95S UT, I know its maybe a bad example, but one that everyone knows.. ;-) )
- new battery Ytrium

What I dont like:
- Plastic lens
- High price
- cool Tint

Some basic information from the German site:

• 7x Xtreme Power LED (7x CREE XP-G2)
  • Lenght 405 mm
  • Weight 1,3 kg
  • Brightness 3200 lm (Boost)
  • Battery Safety Ytrion Cell (LiFePo4)
  • Energytank 48Wh
  • Time (3h Boost, 40h Low Power)
  • Advanced Focus System; X LENS TECHNOLOGY
  • Smart Light Technology SLT Pro (8 Lichtfunktionen)
  • Fast Action Switch (Lock, Low Power, Action, Signal, Defence
  • IPX4

Some nice measurments:
Focused:
BOOST (3200 Lumen)
9100 Lux @4m = 145600 Lux@1m = ANSI 763,15 m
HIGH (ca. 2550 Lumen)
7300 Lux @4m = 116800 Lux @1m = ANSI 683,52 m

Defocused:
BOOST (3200 Lumen)
390 Lux @4m = 6240 Lux@1m = ANSI 157,99 m
HIGH (2500 Lumen)
320 Lux @4m = 5120 Lux@1m = ANSI 143,11 m

have fun,
Martin

ven

Flashaholic
Imo and do use several lensers,(especially the t7.2 which I add is great)this is a pretty awesome light,I can't deny that ,if it was $150 or even a little more it would be a great search light option(apart from the ipx4 rating)
The cost harms lenser IMHO ,just font get enough bang for buck (in all respects)
There are simply too many lights on the market for the money asked and less that are superior.Ok they may not spot/flood but with the right optics a good overall spread/throw can be had negating water ingress issues(not that I have had any but piece of mind)

just priced too high ,that kind of money I would be happier with it invested in fenix and have enough left over for some more lights .

But for lenser followers it will be a no brainier ,flag ship light,cost won't be a problem......for the few they sell.
Of course just my opinion on it ,I would have one no problem ,just not for anywhere near the cost asked...

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
mhmm.. is 300 EUR really too much for 7x XP-G2 focus flashlight?

That has surprised me tbh as expected a bit more,ok maybe not too bad but you are in some pretty serious flashlight territory.

I like lensers in general,dont know if i could spend that tbh on one,not when so many fenix/nitecore tm36,thrunite are out there waiting for less.

For me its just too big,i dont mind a chunky light,but not too big as becomes like a nikon d3x,great equipment,huge,need a big bag and soon wears off with the inconvenience,but its easer to take a point n shoot camera out for good results that does the job,so tend to do that for ease instead. Obv just my weird analogy,but convenience for me plays a big part,soon as its been used a while i am sure a smaller,just as powerful light would be grabbed instead :laughing:

I await your review:D dont think to many lenser fans on here so ..........no pressure................:poke:

alert_01

Newly Enlightened
Hello. After some thoughts I am confident I will not buy it becose of the cold white. I am keen on having neutral white or warm tint and to have nice CRI. Mostly was looking or aiming to make awareness of this one on forum..

Ciao
Martin

ven

Flashaholic
I like my lensers.............just not £300 lensers but thats just me no matter how awesome i find it hard to justify that amount.

Its a tn32 and tk75 together............with change..........for cells and charger

If it was closer to the £150-£180 mark i would contemplate it

Not taking away the beast of a light,but the fenix rc40 imho would take my hard earned 1st

alert_01

Newly Enlightened
Ebay item 350997467679
it end now, but they will relist soon, they did it already twice. I am watching it ;-)

@VEN, I am really looking for a beast light with excellent built quality, as I am a demolition man ;-) so I decided to take ARMYTEK, and I will buy Grizlly as it should be out soon and I will buy as well Dragon when it is out later this year. I considered Supbeam X60 as well but I am not sure how much it is shock proof.. I am used to drop things ;-) cheers

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

ven

Flashaholic
@VEN, I am really looking for a beast light with excellent built quality, as I am a demolition man ;-) so I decided to take ARMYTEK, and I will buy Grizlly as it should be out soon and I will buy as well Dragon when it is out later this year. I considered Supbeam X60 as well but I am not sure how much it is shock proof.. I am used to drop things ;-) cheers[/QUOTE]

The fenix are usually well made so dont think you would go far wrong tbh,could always go the vinh way or rather "way of the vinh" :laughing: as he could make it to your needs and beef it up internally too.

Check the new thrunite tn35 out,flood/throw,bit smaller than others which may suit needs.

The fenix tk75vn breathed on by vinh is 4400lm,then if you add an extender(or even 2 extenders) you will have some awesomeness there with flood/throw and run time

just a thought:D

alert_01

Newly Enlightened
Hi Ven, Thank you very much, I will for sure look into it! ;-) What about some model with built in charger? I am using it daily for about 1 hour and to disassemble it and regachre is not that convenient as connecting charger/adapter like to supbeam x60/x60vn.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi Ven, Thank you very much, I will for sure look into it! ;-) What about some model with built in charger? I am using it daily for about 1 hour and to disassemble it and regachre is not that convenient as connecting charger/adapter like to supbeam x60/x60vn.

Cant be charged with cells in house but they are not always issue free anyway with built in chargers and can be quite time consuming to recharge.

Carrying separate holders and cells is a good option,used in conjunction on the tk75 it doubles run times so an hour is no issue at all even on the 1 carrier with 4x18650 in.
So this with 2 carriers 8x18650 lessens the draw per cell also as shared over 8 cells rather than 4.

Just thoughts thats all,this way just throw another carrier in the flashlight and away you go.Also allows for longer use,as if the light is on charger it cant be used(or most cant anyway) and thats providing there is a plug handy to charge up.

alert_01

Newly Enlightened
This is all nice, I was not looking for a light like SR95 or RC40 with built in battery, I like the option to have a spare set of batteries... What I was looking for was not extended runtime, usually 1+ hour is okay, and overnight charge is nice as well.. Supbeam X60 is really nice one, If someone would confirm that it is reliable and build ou of good materials if it dropped will not break or will not scratch too much.

ven

Flashaholic
I wonder if this means we'll see clearance prices on the X21R!

Possible by some retailers wanting to sell older stock,going off the lower end lights like p7 and t7 to p7.2 and t7.2 the older versions seem to still be around similar money from what i have seen(genuine ones obv ,as fake go for under £30-£35 for p7,any that are around £25 or less are definitely fake!!)