Lemax LX50 II beamshot

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
My next trip out I'm going to try to remember to take a real camera and try to do some videos of the light on the mountain's. I was seeing some go results this last trip, the light is doing exactly what I got it for.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lemax uses 2 different wattage ballasts as we also do, but we use military grade ballasts (35/50 or 50/70).

Actually we use 2 different bulbs and different Igniters for the 2 different lights, while Lemax uses the same OSRAM or Philips D1S 35 watt rated bulb/igniter assby (1 piece) for all 3 lights, even 70 watts.

We use a 35 watt GE D2S bulb made in Hungary (best in class) for the 35/50 and a XeSparQ igniter / socket (patented) for fast bulb replacement 1 to 2 minutes (no tools)
vs 20 minutes and special tools needed for the Lemax bulbs.

We use a special high power and very expensive (3X $) Philips bulb for the 50/70 or a Superpower, Philips DL50/740 (not a "fatboy")

For our proposed "Ultra" (80 but more likely 85 watt) Superpower or standard (LX70) head our XV-85 ULTRA (60/85 most likely) we use the same XeSparQ Igniter/socket and the Philips DL50 "Fatboy" to handle 85 watts.

This is interesting! I thought you always use the DL50 Fatboy for the 70W+ lights.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is interesting! I thought you always use the DL50 Fatboy for the 70W+ lights.
No, as a rule with rare exception, we use the Fatboy for 75 watt and above. We use them where they "rule" very specialized situations of 75 to 85 watts.
The DL50/740 does a great job in the 50 to 70 range. We sell and use in our products about 1200 to 1500 PC's of this bulb per year.
We use one of the three P32d based bulbs in their optimal applications. They all share the same (bayonet) socket base style.

scout24

Flashaholic
Very interesting bulb info... Well, it wasn't quite as out of reach as I thought, and I took delivery of a LX50II from XeRay today. Nicely packaged, rugged case, and all but waterproof with all the tape. A few days early to boot! Battery charged, waiting for dark to put a bit of time on it... :)

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the new light! Now we'll have all versions of the Lemax's at the HID shoot-out when it occurs! Let's see a picture when you have time. :thumbsup:

Hopefully the "ULTRA" SP will be a reality by then also.

flik78

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the shot!
I can just recommend ordering from Dan. I got my LX-50II a few weeks ago and it s a awesome light!!

scout24

Flashaholic
Congrats on the new light! Now we'll have all versions of the Lemax's at the HID shoot-out when it occurs! Let's see a picture when you have time. :thumbsup:

Hopefully the "ULTRA" SP will be a reality by then also.

Lol, I'll bring the runt of the litter... :) I'd love to post up a few pics, but can't get tinypic to play nice with my Galaxy. It's my sole link to the outside world at the moment, and a new computer or tablet is on the back burner for now.

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Going up north near Flagstaff for the Overland Expo next week and hope to get some video's of beam shots with my little light. If all goes well I will post photos and videos when we return .

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have fun at the Overland Expo west....tried to go to Overland East in October but to my surprise they did not want or allow any "RV's" at the Biltmore Estate...even the smaller Benz Sprinters which mine is.......:thumbsdow:mad: ...... And, to really tick me off when I watched the you tube reviews their was plenty of them!!

Next October I'll be offsite shining my SuperPower at the bums!!:eek:

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Yes they have stupid rules, we camp off site in the forest and yes I'm going to blast my mini at them. we will be camping next to a large field so I'm going to try to get beam shots on the trees.

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Hello to the good people of the world of HID, wondering if anyone knows the diameter of a Lemax light where the handle is mounted? I'm looking to replace the handle and place a ring or clamp there to get a better hold of the light for a tripod head. I made a home made plate but don't want light falling off along the trails.