• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lights You Want Me To Mod

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Came across this the other day and thought of you. I know you are staying away from budget lights, but with 7 x XM-L this could be a serious high output light. Knowing you, you could probably do 10,000 lumens. Takes 6 x 18650, so bigger then I would like, but more mass for heat and better run times. All 6 reviews are good on it.

http://www.dinodirect.com/solarstor...k-flashlight-6-18650-p41722957.html?affid=273

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Came across this the other day and thought of you. I know you are staying away from budget lights, but with 7 x XM-L this could be a serious high output light. Knowing you, you could probably do 10,000 lumens. Takes 6 x 18650, so bigger then I would like, but more mass for heat and better run times. All 6 reviews are good on it.

http://www.dinodirect.com/solarstor...k-flashlight-6-18650-p41722957.html?affid=273

Wonder if its current regulated or has visible PWM.

One missed call

Newly Enlightened
Have wondered what you could do with a JB SRA40 or JB DDR30...

My REAL wish (I know saying so in an LED favored environment may be sacrilegious) is for you to tinker with a HID FF4. I know I asked nearly a year ago and you were not interested, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

thenorway

Enlightened
Have you ever seen the Imalent line of lights. Their website does not post prices so not sure how economical they might be.
The DD4R looks interesting.

metalhead69

Enlightened
Sounds very interesting. Plan away. We can email if you don't want to clog up the thread

Last edited:

dweano

Newly Enlightened
More "cheap" lights haha. I have a Z6vn which I love. Quality is good enough for me. Sub $100 lights interest me because I am a poor student, but yet love creeping this forum haha

The Burgh

Newly Enlightened
In a broad way of thinking, you, Vinh, have filled a diversified portfolio of "throwers," each of which has a different size, form factor, beam, spill, UI, battery factor, etc.. My point: It would be hard to argue that any two or three of your throwers are "alike."

Might you now begin building both all purpose and flood portfolios of lights? Wouldn't the lights within each of these two groups have differences among them?

Begin with the end in mind, your two "new" postfolios. In the end, what lights "fill" those portfolios? Then ask all of us help you find specific hosts to accomplish the goals.

Examples: Supfire M6, Convoy M2, 3C & 4C tints, specially programmed UIs, etc..

Last edited:

Issue

Enlightened
Im still after a diving light and have not found anything the feels right for me. I know the interest here for something waterproof might be very low, but that doesnt stop me from telling what _I_ would like you to mod! So, something we can take deep down. :)

nickdizonc

Newly Enlightened
My vote would be for the Nitecore SRT7 with current boosts for the primary and colored LEDs. Or maybe even an LED upgrade for the colored LEDs since they are not that bright at all. I think this would be a HUGE seller for you Vinh. I'd personally purchase 2 if you did.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Lets do some quick votes. Which do you want more of?

A) More Throwers

B) More Flooders

C) More General Purpose Beam

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
i also second the nitecore srt7. or any light that has that same ability to have a bright emitter and able to choose color leds without diffusers.
it would be nice to be able to choose a color much quicker than the srt7 does though.
i dont have any lights right now that can change from one color to another, i think it would be cool to add one to my arsenal.

i vote for B) more flooders
and also D) more lumens

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish you could do what Luminosity did with his K40vn by adding the aspheric. My larger lights put out so much lumens and throw far enough now, that what I would really like is something that can put a bright spot at a long distance (even farther then the XsearcherVN). The TK61vn is too big for me. I know, I'm picky, but you asked haha.

Blaze

Newly Enlightened
This may be a little different but how about a headlamp?

By the way I have one of the early Stenlight S7's, I know they have undergone some revisions over the years, do you think you could mod for a reasonable price?