• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lights You Want Me To Mod

I know it's not released yet, but please mod the Lumintop BLF GT4 with a shorty 4x18650 tube and power boost/emitter options when it comes out! It looks like the ultimate X65/TN40S killer!

Nichia!

Banned
W 1 for more throw for the Maratac's??
Or XPL hi 4000k 5d (like Emisar stock) for better tint and throw?

Nichia!

Banned
Have you tried w1 with M2R Warrior??

And XPL Hi??

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam K75: showthread.php?460367-Acebeam-new-K75-2500m-throw-6300lm-flashlight-now-presenting

Luminous SBT-90 Gen2, 2,500 meters throw, 6,200 lumens. Vinh engraved with Vinh extended warranty is far and away the best for me, but stock light from Vinh, if modified sadly will not be happening.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K75's performance might just be enough to actually make me consider such a large bulky light. I would definitely only buy it from Vinh to assure optimal beam tuning. I'm not sure how much more he can push the LED on it, seems to be already driven really hard.

The K75's performance might just be enough to actually make me consider such a large bulky light. I would definitely only buy it from Vinh to assure optimal beam tuning. I'm not sure how much more he can push the LED on it, seems to be already driven really hard.

I see you've jumped the gun and had it shipped stock before vinh could even lay his hands on one haha.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I wouldn't go that far, but the striations within the smooth reflector aren't as fine or subtle as say the Maxtoch XPro I have. It's the same reflector quality as the T21 I have.

Well I wouldn't go that far, but the striations within the smooth reflector aren't as fine or subtle as say the Maxtoch XPro I have. It's the same reflector quality as the T21 I have.

Does this equate to less throw and a less defined hotspot/corona line break? More blend rather than sharp cut off?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam K75: showthread.php?460367-Acebeam-new-K75-2500m-throw-6300lm-flashlight-now-presenting

Luminous SBT-90 Gen2, 2,500 meters throw, 6,200 lumens. Vinh engraved with Vinh extended warranty is far and away the best for me, but stock light from Vinh, if modified sadly will not be happening.
I am trying to collect correct thoughts on Acebeam/Vinh54.

I have five Acebeam Vinh54 modified lights, and I do not want to stop; I want additional, starting with the exciting Acebeam K75.

But first, I have three choices, I think.

1. Buy stock Acebeam from Vinh:
a) Serial #: not removed.
b) V54 Engraved: No. :(
c) Vinh Warranty: No. :(

2. Buy modified Acebeam from Vinh:
a) Serial #: removed.
b) V54 Engraved: Yes. :)
c) Vinh Warranty: Yes. :)

3. Send my own Acebeam light to Vinh to be modified:
a) Serial #: not removed.
b) V54 Engraved: Yes. :)
c) Vinh Warranty: Yes. :)

I think the above information, as I posted, is correct.

Now to select a choice.

I have never sent in my own light to Vinh to be modified, of the 15 lights that I have gotten from Vinh, all of them were supplied by Vinh. I would like to keep it that way.

Stock vs modified: I only have one light from Vinh that is not modified by Vinh, because he does not offer modification for it, but I wanted the light. I want my lights to be modified by Vinh, of course.

Vinh Warranty: This I want. This is very valuable to me. Original factory warranty is of almost zero value to me.

V54 Engraved: Yes, I like this.

So, if my information is correct, I want choice 2: Buy modified Acebeam from Vinh. Serial # removed is not an important issue for me.

Next step: Email Vinh, ask him if he will be offering this light. If yes, ask him if he will be offering modified, with V54 Warranty and V54 Engraving. If yes, I have a reason to be a lot happier than my current baseline happiness.

------------------
My Vinh modified Acebeam lights: EC50Vn spec 1, K70Vn, X65Vn spec 1 right handed, X65Vn spec 1 left handed, X45vn OP XHP70.2

10000% agree, richbuff, my thoughts EXACTLY. Couldn't have said it any better myself...

Similar history / ownership of lights as well. I neeeeed this K75 superVNized shipped from the man himself!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this equate to less throw and a less defined hotspot/corona line break? More blend rather than sharp cut off?

It smooths out the hotspot, more gradual transitions from hotspot to spill. Tests have been done and determined that very little, if any, performance is lost. Eagtac's reflectors are often a great balance with a slight OP.