• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lights You Want Me To Mod

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to see something like a TK75vn, but completely water proof and able to be used for scuba diving...a man can dream.
I know the Xtar D35 exists, but the idea of paying nearly $400 for a stock light makes me feel ill.

Agreed. I looked at that light long and hard, but just can't swallow the pill on spending that much on it stock.

Vinh did mod a few dive lights, but they didn't sell so well, I guess mostly because of a lack of features, the main one being that they are waterproof.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Tk75vn good at 2 meters? I can't remember if I saw that on the specs. I know not dive worthy, but more than I need.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's IPX8, so if you have clean threads, and oiled o-rings it should be fine in the pool, for a short time, but I wouldn't trust it for any duration in the ocean, or below a a few feet. Water pressure really really becomes an issue quickly.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always keep orings with a nice coat of silicone.

I'm ocd about that, and charging batteries.

I can turn the light on 5 times for three seconds a pop, and when I sit down to relax, they go right on the charger.

a199578

Enlightened
I believe that the TN35vn does well, in part, because of it's large reflector.... How about the MTG2 stuffed into the TK61 behind that huge reflector. I think it would likely dethrone the TN35.

I own a Nitecore EA4. Nice little light. How about rigging it to run 14500's.. perhaps even with an MTG2?! Talk about power in your pocket.

Light Saber

I too would like to see what a Nitecore EA4 could do with mods. Any chance this is in the works? I am super impressed with the one I bought last week. It out does my Coast HP550 which I thought was a beast until I found this forum...

I now have to brand new Coast HP550's going back to Costco today so I can better invest that money in other lights :D

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Invest straight from vinh. You'll never look back. You will be officially a better than stock snob ;)

ncvarmint

Newly Enlightened
Vinh,

i have a Sunwayman D40a and want to put a XML2 3000K hi cri in it
whats the cost on making it a D40vn versus just putting the new led in it?
thanks
trevor

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
New LED on copper only $30. New LED + Current boost = $55

Vinh,

i have a Sunwayman D40a and want to put a XML2 3000K hi cri in it
whats the cost on making it a D40vn versus just putting the new led in it?
thanks
trevor

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Vinh,

I was wondering if you would be able to do the same exact mod on the Sunwayman V20C as you do to the V25Cvn. I like the V20C host better because of the detent, anodize color, lockout tailcap, etc.

But, I would want it to have the exact same modifications and specs (output) as the V25Cvn (below). Is this possible? If so, how much? Thanks!!

- 4.5A to 1500 LED lumen
- Tactical forward clicky but tail stand great
- Will work with 2*CR123A at medium levels for emergency. Max brightness drains current too hard for primaries chemistry.
- LED bonded to Copper
- Compact high quality host design with stainless bezel
- $95 Shipped before subscriber discounts :)
- Extremely nice beam with light OP reflector. Hot spot is filled!
- Dedome adds nice throw if you need it
- Do not run the light unattended but heat is not a big deal in this light
- Overall a simple light with great built quality that just works
- New 22 gauge Silicone wire for higher current transfer
- Switch Tweaks for higher current transfer
- $100 Option 1: 4.2A-4.5A 1420 LED Lumen

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh,

I was wondering if you would be able to do the same exact mod on the Sunwayman V20C as you do to the V25Cvn. I like the V20C host better because of the detent, anodize color, lockout tailcap, etc.

But, I would want it to have the exact same modifications and specs (output) as the V25Cvn (below). Is this possible? If so, how much? Thanks!!

- 4.5A to 1500 LED lumen
- Tactical forward clicky but tail stand great
- Will work with 2*CR123A at medium levels for emergency. Max brightness drains current too hard for primaries chemistry.
- LED bonded to Copper
- Compact high quality host design with stainless bezel
- $95 Shipped before subscriber discounts :)
- Extremely nice beam with light OP reflector. Hot spot is filled!
- Dedome adds nice throw if you need it
- Do not run the light unattended but heat is not a big deal in this light
- Overall a simple light with great built quality that just works
- New 22 gauge Silicone wire for higher current transfer
- Switch Tweaks for higher current transfer
- $100 Option 1: 4.2A-4.5A 1420 LED Lumen

email me on this one

Issue

Enlightened
TM36 looks really interesting.. And after getting SRT6vn, i can just say that i LOVE the buildquality of nitecore.. I hope you can take a look at it soon vinh, this might be my nr 4 vn light. :)

star_c_star

Enlightened
Have you ever modded an Olight X6?

It already is at the 5000 lumen level. I'm curious what de-doming and pushing up the amperage would accomplish.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Have you ever modded an Olight X6?

It already is at the 5000 lumen level. I'm curious what de-doming and pushing up the amperage would accomplish.

YES I did. Current bump and Dedome LEDs at the time.

PDTn would be nice in it now.

star_c_star

Enlightened
That sounds good, and would restore new life to my X6.

The only problem I'd have then is deciding which light was brighter, the X6vn or the X60vn that I just received.