• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lights You Want Me To Mod

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
I think that the older mx25l2 with the sst90 can be transformed into a monster. Mx25l2 with turbo head and maybe U3 pdtn,or xhp50 shaved,or sbt70/90,xpg2 dedome. The potential is there for a super ultra bright thrower that can maybe break the 800,000 luxx mark. I'm basing these findings and speculations on the results from the mc25 single cell turbo head

Saul Good

Enlightened
I think that the older mx25l2 with the sst90 can be transformed into a monster. Mx25l2 with turbo head and maybe U3 pdtn,or xhp50 shaved,or sbt70/90,xpg2 dedome. The potential is there for a super ultra bright thrower that can maybe break the 800,000 luxx mark. I'm basing these findings and speculations on the results from the mc25 single cell turbo head

I sent Vinh my MX25L2T with SBT-70 to have an XML2 put in, but he was unable to do it : ( It seems the MX25L4 has the exact same head as the factory specs are the same. Maybe I'm wrong..

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, it would be AWESOME if you could do a mod on the Nitecore CU6! You have never done a light that has UV, and it is very useful. Please consider!

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened
Please email me at [email protected]

I can build it for you.

LOL! What are the chances I posted that minutes before you put the red ones up on FDT?!?!
grinser2.gif

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Mr. Nguyen,

The Foursevens Atom AL runs on a DL123. Very compact, total flood, good magnet on the tail.

Three things that could be improved about it:
1) The emitter is an XP-G, when an XML would make much more sense. No need for a tight hot-spot in a mule!
2) The tint is not great--very cold
3) The low is too high--it's about 6 lumens, when it should be around 1 lumen. And that would boost the battery life on low as well.

The pills on these Atoms come out really easily--they just unthread from the head.

Would you think about modding with a neutral XML?
And have you looked at the circuit to see whether the low could be turned lower?

Thanks for your time!

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, jonwkng. My mistake for not searching first. I'll look at that thread and see what I think.

orv

Newly Enlightened
Would it be possible to do an upgrade on the Streamlight Sylus pro? It's my everyday edc. I tried to do a search on the thread with no results found. Also tried doing a search on the main forum with no luck.

This is flashlight is awesome, I just wish I could get more pop out of it.

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened
How about a Nitecore SRT7. Replace the main LED with a U3 and current bump. I would buy it. It's a pretty inexpensive light too. I see them online for as low as $60 stock.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Nitecore SRT7. Replace the main LED with a U3 and current bump. I would buy it. It's a pretty inexpensive light too. I see them online for as low as $60 stock.

There have been a few SRT7Vns in the past. There are a few factors why there aren't more. Ease of modding is one big factor. :)

CUL8R

Enlightened
Nitecore MH20. Need to keep moonlight, and usb charging, but a nice boost would be good. Maybe two versions: Stage one boosted, but fully functional on protected cells. Stage two: all out boost for max output. For once, I think I'd actually prefer the milder version.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been a few SRT7Vns in the past. There are a few factors why there aren't more. Ease of modding is one big factor. :)

+1

The problem is the color LED's. Vinh has modded a few of these in the past, and they are really nice lights, but he can only do a very slight current bump, or the color LEDs get killed. The price to performance ratio just isn't quite there imho, but they are really really awesome lights if you can get him to make you one, or find one for sale.

Suggest going with the SRT6 instead.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

The problem is the color LED's. Vinh has modded a few of these in the past, and they are really nice lights, but he can only do a very slight current bump, or the color LEDs get killed. The price to performance ratio just isn't quite there imho, but they are really really awesome lights if you can get him to make you one, or find one for sale.

Suggest going with the SRT6 instead.
I'd love a SRT 5 with just an LED swap, or even a large current boost with no worries about the color LEDs (I wouldn't use them anyways).

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh can do an LED swap in an SRT5, but also kind of a pricey mod. The lights are pain to work with apparently. It is actually one of my favorites, he just swapped a neutral white emitter in for me.

Alternatively in you case I'd also consider the sunwayman v11r. I prefer the SRT3 and SRT5 to it, but it is smaller, and very similar.