• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lights You Want Me To Mod

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh remember that aluminum HS casting you did with your dad on that S200C2vn? Is it possible for you to do a copper HS casting? Not on that light I mean on any light, preferably an obnoxiously big light with an obnoxiously big copper HS. Like that 7-XPH-70 light you posted about, imagine something like that but with a pure copper HS casting!!!

Cooper casting sounds impossible for me...Not sure what it takes to melt them. Even if we could melt them the aluminum light mold might not stand...

orv

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, would it be possible to step outside the realm of the popular brand lights? It would be amazing if you could mod a couple of work lights. The dewalt DCL050, and Dewalt DCL040 are great candidates for a pinch of Vinh.

You have 20 volts, and 3-5 Amp hour batteries to work with.
It might be difficult to heat sink considering the amount of plastic they have on them, but the DCL050 has a massive aluminum heat sink in it.

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm not real sure what language you are trying to use... but if you want to change the color of your text, all you have to do is click on the "A" in the menubar above the input box and pick a color!

orv

Newly Enlightened
I'm not real sure what language you are trying to use... but if you want to change the color of your text, all you have to do is click on the "A" in the menubar above the input box and pick a color!

Thanks Greta, I have no idea what was going on, but I had to make some changes to the setting in my browser.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, would it be possible to step outside the realm of the popular brand lights? It would be amazing if you could mod a couple of work lights. The dewalt DCL050, and Dewalt DCL040 are great candidates for a pinch of Vinh.

You have 20 volts, and 3-5 Amp hour batteries to work with.
It might be difficult to heat sink considering the amount of plastic they have on them, but the DCL050 has a massive aluminum heat sink in it.

He modded a Fatmax I believe. The DCL050 would be nice if it could keep the 250 lumen mode, but bump up high to 1000+ lumens. I wonder what LED it uses? It would be sick with 3 XHP-70s, or practical with 3 XM-L2 neutral

orv

Newly Enlightened
He modded a Fatmax I believe. The DCL050 would be nice if it could keep the 250 lumen mode, but bump up high to 1000+ lumens. I wonder what LED it uses? It would be sick with 3 XHP-70s, or practical with 3 XM-L2 neutral

I think Vinh could turn the DCL043 into an absolute monster

recDNA

Flashaholic
I want a V11R (or V10R Ti/Ti +), but it doesn't have an 18650 body. I don't carry CR123A lights, but not against owning some. I only carry 18650 lights, and AAA lights (in work slacks), also anythingssmaller than AAA on a keychain. I have a C25C, but it's too big to carry, the head needs to be 1" or less.
It's possible to add 2 extenders to v11r and have the whole thing bored to 18660

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Erm... The V11R head is E series compatible, so all you need is an E series 18650 body and you're good to go.