List of Lummi orders still unfulfilled

egrep

Enlightened
Rob 'n Cheat 'em. He is an inverate thief. His products are crapworthy as well.

I just linked this thread on his facebook page.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Rob 'n Cheat 'em. He is an inveterate thief. His products are crapworthy as well.

I just linked this thread on his facebook page.
I've always liked the Wee, but there are problems with it as well.

Someone else mentioned Facebook, but that Rob was just deleting anything negative and what would be great would be to see
a Facebook page specifically about what a crook and liar he is.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I left a message for Rob on his FB and email and DID hear back from him. Once again he said he'd get it out this week or was it last week? Either way, no confirmation on shipping yet so I'm not sure if it went out. I guess I'll pester him again for some info on what the status is of my light :mad:

Stefan NYC

Newly Enlightened
20 months so far

Day order was placed: 9/24/2011
Currency:
GBP
Product(s):
1 RAW SS (95 GBP), 1 Wee SS (72 GBP), 1 USB Charger (8 GBP)
Postage and packing:
5 GBP
Total amount for the order:
180 GBP
Received:
Wee SS, USB Charger
Money involved:
I am still waiting for 1 RAW SS (95 GBP)

I received the first flashlight in January, 2012 (after approximately 4 months). I have sent a total of 12 reminder emails over a period of the last 20 months and I am still waiting for my other flashlight. I have not heard from Rob for almost a year. I would much rather hear updates saying he's waiting for some part or backlogged (but knows about my order) than silence.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Re: 20 months so far

He's just done what he does with impunity all the time - ripped you off and has no problem sleeping at night because he justifies it by insisting that he's harder off than you are.

If you were lucky enough to pay for it by credit card you can place a claim with your company.

Rob is many things, some good, some bad, but at any rate he's a high level con man with no conscience whatsoever, who attracts a trusting clientele by actually having a decent product which uses to lure prospective marks in and swindle them out of their hard earned pay in hopes of acquiring one of his lights.

busyapebusy

Newly Enlightened
Finally found this thread and I am happy that I am not alone..... I have placed a USD$300 order at 3 months ago.... Rob replied very fast at the beginning... and then after 1 months said the batteries is not arrived yet and have to wait for few more weeks.. ok.. not he dont reply my email again. And I left message at his FB he also ignore it.. I never had that bad feeling with an online purchase. The most angry things is seem he still active at his FB and I dont believe there was no complain by other customs. I paid by paypal and I cant claim the money back anymore.. I feel really sad about this...

exquzmwa

Enlightened
He can delete messages, but if enough of us that are disgruntled with him taking our money and not providing what was paid for start a campaign of posting on his facebook page he would need to shut off the ability of people to comment, or begin a full time job removing the posts. Just a thought. =)

exquzmwa

Enlightened
Well what I mentioned before may not work. Not sure if he simply blocked me or all comments. However, after I posted a message asking for the status of the light (didn't even make it really negative, though I did say when I paid). Message was deleted and I can no longer post on his page =). For those of you that have been ripped off like me, you might want to consider reporting his page as a scam / spam (I did, since it is a scam). If enough people did that FB would remove the page. I'm gonna report him to his current payment processor as well (though I paid on paypal so my report will likely carry no weight). If enough people did that they would shut down his account (and with the way he does things that should only be a matter of time).

qswitch2

Newly Enlightened
Wow, this thread is several years old and hasn't been posted to for a year. I guess we've all given up. My order was 4 years ago (you'll find me on page 1 of this thread) and I never received anything. Worse still, I waited too long until it was no longer possible to dispute the payment. Despite these facts and all the other claims like mine...guess who appears to still be in business? I just saw his Facebook page which still makes him appear legit. Unbelievable. What a scumbag. It's really too bad this charlatan lives across the pond. If he were in the US I'd be tempted to look him up and get my light or my money...one way or another. Oh well, he'll get his eventually.....Karma is a *****.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what is reported in other forums, a German company bought remaining Lummi parts from Rob for own projects.

I don't think Lummi will come back to business. Guess it is the best way, unforunately a lot people were cheated...

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
A German company? Might that be selected-lights.de? They once had very few Lummies (not 100% sure but afaik before Rob Cheat´em introduced his moniker Lummi) for sale.

Eric

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link Warrior, definitly interesting. I don´t think they should use Rob´s driver/led sandwich......He never really eveolved and made his last lights basically the way his first lights were made about 10 years ago (except the one with the LuxRC triple). But since they are going to use LuxRC as well and are going to make Ti lights I will definitly keep my eyes open.

Eric

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Wow!

ORRBOTT DESIGN ANNOUNCEMENT
Regarding Previous Lummi Customer Orders...

...whilst we completely understand and offer our sincerest apologies to previous Lummi customers who did not receive their orders several years ago when Lummi had to cease production due to business difficulties, we are a new company, Orrbott Designs, who are aiming to stock existing Lummi designs, which will then be phased out into our own. Lummi has been working on a gradual re start with Orrbott Designs in order to resume proper production and to try to satisfactorily resolve in some way any old orders that were not fulfilled when production was previously put on hold and there is a plan currently being put into place to rectify these issues.

Orrbott Designs would like to establish a good working relationship with both previous Lummi customers and new Orrbott customers. However, in order to do this we need to respectfully ask previous Lummi customers to be patient whilst Orrbott Designs takes over the existing Lummi designs and resolves any issues. We are very understanding and sympathetic of the situation and as a new company hope you will appreciate that Orrbott Designs wishes to show goodwill and develop a reliable reputation.

We have written this announcement to be open and honest about what we are trying to achieve and to say that whilst we can not answer every individual post on Lummi's facebook page we can assure you that we have access to all previous and current Lummi correspondence and order information and will be emailing those concerned over the next few weeks in chronological order and aim to achieve this within 30 working days (between Monday 27th October 2014 - Friday 3rd December 2014 inc.) and respectfully ask that you give us this opportunity in the first instance so we can concentrate on moving forwards!

Thank you

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I note that the customers are being contacted in 'Chronological' order. This is just as it should be.

Anybody contacted should post here.

I really hope this comes together for everybody concerned.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic