LiteFlux LF2XT questions

boznet

Newly Enlightened
Hello there, It's been a while than i didn't post here, i was a flashalholic back in the days and i still owns several flashligts but recently i found in some box two little lights that i thought i had lost, i found a LiteFlux LF2XT and a Quantum D2, they been missing for almost a decade
and i was wondering if it worth swapping the led to make them more up to date / modern ?
If yes can someone put me in the right direction regarding the led i could use, i like neutral tint leds. ? Nichia or Cree wich one do you recommend ?
in adance thank you

20221228_175114.jpg
20221228_174601.jpg

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. These are lovely finds! I don't recall exactly what LEDs were used, but if they are an XP format, then it's a pretty simple (if you know how to reflow solder) swap for a more modern LED. These lights would be worthy of something like a Nichia 519A swap. Basically the same color rendering performance as the 219B but with much better efficiency.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice finds! You should also know the LF2XT has skyrocketed in value, just a heads up in case you get people messaging you and offering you a ridiculously low offer!

Like badtziscool said, the Nichia 519A is the current king for tint and CRI. Easy-ish swap in both of these lights.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, boznet. My personal advice is to leave both of them original.

The LF2XT is too valuable and rare for me to risk an emitter swap. Yours looks unused. They still work very well with the original LED, a different one may not focus well with the original reflector, and something could break during the modding.

The quantum D2 looks to need some restoration before anything else, including a new battery and charger. You could also have a problem with a new emitter not working well with the optic.

Either way, best of luck with these lights!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the LF2XT, the Emitter swap is not that easy. You must disassemble the light engine. The LED itself is on an own PCB, but this PCB is soldered to a stacked PCB. If you solder too long you have a bunch of PCBs and happy puzzeling it together.

The LF2XT should have a XP-E LED. Basically any LED with 3535 foottprint can be used. But I would also keep this light in the way it is...