Looking For A 1-18650 Light

Spin

Enlightened
I'm looking for a light that uses 1-protected 18650 battery. Prefer flood but will accept a flood/throw combination. I don't need any disco modes. Lo-med-hi or med-hi is fine. Reasonably rugged. $40 or less.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Convoy S2+, available with various lumens and modes.

Also available as a host so you can add the LED and the Driver, very easy to do you only need to solder two connections.

Mountain Electronics stocks the parts required.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Im going to have to buy one of those convoys one of these days. Lots of people seem to love them. To give an alternate choice look at the solarforce l2, l2p, or l2m hosts and your choice of drop in. My l2 and l2m both work great and were quite inexpensive. Seems to convoys have overtaken them in popularity these days though and Im sure with good reason.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I started with an l2n and built a couple of drop-ins. I like it driven at 2800ma
A whole s2+ can be had for a couple of dollars more than it would cost to build a drop-in, so when I wanted to test different tints I bought convoys instead.

The s2 is floodier than a p60, but has a nice usable beam, i.e. it isn't all flood but the broad hot spot blends into the spill.

Snow White

Newly Enlightened
I would recommend the ThruNite TN12, it's a powerful EDC tactical flashlight. With 1100 lumen out put and can light up 226 meter far

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im going to have to buy one of those convoys one of these days. Lots of people seem to love them. To give an alternate choice look at the solarforce l2, l2p, or l2m hosts and your choice of drop in. My l2 and l2m both work great and were quite inexpensive. Seems to convoys have overtaken them in popularity these days though and Im sure with good reason.

Convoy is amazing, I was a bit anxious as I had ordered a Convoy C8 just to try it out, and it was amazing!! 1 x 18650 and it's a thrower indeed. I have ordered a Convoy L2, and it's a thrower too but has options of changing cells as well as becoming a 1 x 18650 / 26650 or 2 x 18650 / 26650. Brilliant.

All lights ordered through GearBest.