Looking for a 18650 torch.

hivoltage3061

Newly Enlightened
I think I have it boiled down to the Olight Warrior Mini and the Fenix LD30. I like the 2 switches on each, and the 1500 lumens. Any opinions on each or other good options would be appreciated, must be pocketable. Time to replace my Zebralight I have been carrying for 5 years. By the way, this is not my first post. I could not log in and had to create a new profile. Been lurking around here for quite a few years.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would rather replace the ZL with another ZL. But if change is what you are after....

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with whichever one offers a good choice of tint..... i.e. Neutral white and a proper moonlight mode. I beggars belief that some companies still don't offer such things.

hivoltage3061

Newly Enlightened
I would rather replace the ZL with another ZL. But if change is what you are after....
Good point, looking at their website, not sure which one to get. I currently have the SC62.....probably over 4 years old.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Olight Warrior mini and if you are okay with a proprietary cell setup that means any other 18650 won't work in it, then go with the Olight. I bought it for the UI and accepted the fact that by the time I am likely to need to replace the cell the light will have been replaced by something either newer or better...hopefully both. But so far it is my newest EDC.

Labradford

Newly Enlightened
I think the LD30 has a brighter high setting so I would go with the Fenix. And it looks cool.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Nitecore P30 that I loved. On-off on the tail, and mode on the side. it is discontinued, but was replace with a new version that uses the 21700 cell instead of the 18650. If they haven't messed with the head, it had a very nice mix of spill and throw. I carried mine on a belt holster very comfortably.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the LD30 has a brighter high setting so I would go with the Fenix. And it looks cool.

It claims 1600 lumens vs the Olight's 1500. Enough to make a difference? Maybe. Would you notice it? Probably not.

Also the Olight is a very compact light, smaller than the Fenix.

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I've tried several new Fenix lights over the last few months. If you are into COLD tint LEDs....then go for it. But that's pretty much ALL they offer and I just can't spend anymore money on COOL WHITE