Looking for a full sized LED 4000K flashlight

archimedes

Flashaholic
Since my last suggestion was (inadvertently) rather unhelpful, how about this next idea for "thinking outside the box" ....

What you want is to find a torch you like, in a form factor you prefer (and at a reasonable price)

There are plenty of small and inexpensive lights with the output and CCT to satisfy your criteria.

And you actually want the flashlight to be larger, not smaller.

So, how about making some sort of a fixture to hold the smaller item ?

You could fix up something simple from supplies at a hardware store, or as fancy as something designed and custom 3D-printed.

archimedes

Flashaholic
The $100 was there originally. I don't see any point in going higher, because a complete new LED Mag-lite kit is $82, if I'm willing to work with the bluish light output. 643 lumens may not be ideal, but is adequate.

Sorry I missed that.

There is some possibility that a modder (such as v54) could change the emitter and perhaps boost the output.

That would cost more than ($100 - $82) $18, but might get you something custom and exactly to your specs.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just have patience with us and we'll get you there. Check out the website flashlights.parametrek.com and you can select the parameters you're looking for and come up with some more ideas.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Filters can also attenuate the lumens. Thanks.
Adventure Sport make conversion kits for Maglites. I think they do 5000, 2000 and 800 lumen. at those levels the attenuation by the Lee filters will not really matter.
You could even contact them about warmer emitters as they are real humans and will answer the phone.
That way you'll get the light that you want, maybe apart from the charging dock.
Dunno, not up on Mags.
P

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adventure Sport make conversion kits for Maglites. I think they do 5000, 2000 and 800 lumen. at those levels the attenuation by the Lee filters will not really matter.
You could even contact them about warmer emitters as they are real humans and will answer the phone.
That way you'll get the light that you want, maybe apart from the charging dock.
Dunno, not up on Mags.
P

Adventure Sports makes an 800 lumen drop-in specifically for the incandescent MagCharger. It is a cool white though and I do not know if they are willing to to make a custom neutral. I doubt the LEE filter required to get close to 4000K would really rob that much output but the drop-in might generate enough heat to warp the LEE filter. The MagCharger drop-in is $56 so it may be one of the more cost effective solutions since you already have the Mag.

Last edited: