looking for inexpensive driver for XHP-35

mds82

Enlightened
Hi All,
I am looking to drive 1 XHP35 LED from a car's electrical system and looking to find a driver for this. Car batteries are 12 - 13.8 normally, and the voltage of the XHP35 @ 1000ma is around 12.75 . Does anyone know if a very inexpensive driver that would work with this? I assume a normal buck driver wont work since the battery voltage could drop below the forward voltage.

m.pille.led

Newly Enlightened
No the buck driver wont work, either a linear driver or what also would work is if you use a xp-l ( 3v @ 3A), there you can use a simple Xm-l driver wich runs off 12v

Also I need some help with driver
if anyone knows a driver for the Xhp50 for use with 3s li-ion (12.6v) please let me know! thanks a lot!

mds82

Enlightened
No the buck driver wont work, either a linear driver or what also would work is if you use a xp-l ( 3v @ 3A), there you can use a simple Xm-l driver wich runs off 12v

Also I need some help with driver
if anyone knows a driver for the Xhp50 for use with 3s li-ion (12.6v) please let me know! thanks a lot!

The XP-L wont work as i need around 1600 lumen ad the XPL doesn't comes close to that

m.pille.led

Newly Enlightened
Yes, in that case it won`t work!..

What would still work is a Xhp50, in the 6v configuration and 3A it makes 2500lumens.
So if you drive it around 2A or slightly over you have around 1600lumen or higher

If you want to use it on car battery I might have a driver recomendation for you. How many modes do you need? or just ON/OFF?

mds82

Enlightened
Yes, in that case it won`t work!..

What would still work is a Xhp50, in the 6v configuration and 3A it makes 2500lumens.
So if you drive it around 2A or slightly over you have around 1600lumen or higher

If you want to use it on car battery I might have a driver recomendation for you. How many modes do you need? or just ON/OFF?

Good thought i will need to check that. I am using an optic on the LED and i dont know if the 5x5 of the XHP50 will work however. I'll need to look into that as another option.

SemiMan

Banned
LDH - 45A-1050W driver by meanwell its 1050 ma not 1000 but I gues it will be NP
here are few shops where you can order it http://www.findchips.com/search/LDH - 45A-1050W
But I think that you could find local shop. Just google it.

The only drawback is that its pretty big 53mm(2.09')/75mm(2.9')

Well the other drawback that it will not work. Minimum output voltage is 3V greater than the input voltage.

NICHIRENSHU

Newly Enlightened
Well the other drawback that it will not work. Minimum output voltage is 3V greater than the input voltage.

TT true.
I have use it only like step up for higher output voltage. But i was thinking its BB or sepic.

m.pille.led

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
sorry for late reply....

A good driver to power the Xhp50 of a power sorce over 8v until 30v I gess, is this driver. They have this driver in a round format and square form. Also there is a version wich is fixed at 3A, and another one with adjustable output Amps. via solder bridges

I`ll post the links of all the versions of it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-driver-...P-L-XM-L-L2-/111790695406?hash=item1a073ea3ee
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-driver-...P-L-XM-L-L2-/111790695054?hash=item1a073ea28e
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-driver-...-L-XHP50-70-/111789779337?hash=item1a0730a989

I hope this was helpfull for you.

If you need a driver with several modes (something like high, med, low or strobe ) let me know, I might give you some other options I know.... I got to know many of this as I am looking for a good Xhp50 driver myself

Best regards
Mark