Looking for replacement switch/spring

reptiles

Enlightened
Greetings, I gave a nurse friend an Elektrolumens EDC-XML-R light for transillumination while placing IV lines. Something went wrong with the switch assembly and she took it apart and the spring flew out and was lost. Where can I buy a replacement? It looks a bit bigger than a McClicky and not sure if a Surefire part will fit. Appreciate any ideas. I believe the maker is out of business now. Thank you.

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure I can help. But photos might be helpful as Electrolumens is probably not remembered, except for some of the old timers.

And even I can't picture the tail assembly. (I ve still got 3 of Wayne's lights that get regular use)
I would say go to a local old time hardware store and see if they have Something you can use, or modify it to work.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, the ElektroLumens switch assemblies were generally not secured together for many of their models, meaning the spring and button could easily be disassembled while open.

Those switches were rather "low-tech" so you probably could simply look for a conductive spring, of roughly the proper size and force desired.

reptiles

Enlightened
Yes, the ElektroLumens switch assemblies were generally not secured together for many of their models, meaning the spring and button could easily be disassembled while open.

Those switches were rather "low-tech" so you probably could simply look for a conductive spring, of roughly the proper size and force desired.

Yes it has been a while. Great housings on those. Guess I'll look at springs. :) Thank you for the reply.

Last edited:

reptiles

Enlightened
Not sure I can help. But photos might be helpful as Electrolumens is probably not remembered, except for some of the old timers.

And even I can't picture the tail assembly. (I ve still got 3 of Wayne's lights that get regular use)
I would say go to a local old time hardware store and see if they have Something you can use, or modify it to work.

Thanks I'll do as suggested. Here are photos just to be complete: https://ibb.co/yPwPHsp https://ibb.co/4dRLZqk

Latest posts