Looking for users of Manker in general, and the E03H II model in particular

dmenezes

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

After a lot of searching and thinking and talking, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Manker E03H II flashlight to replace both my EDC and headlight (more details here).

Before I press the irrevocable "Buy" buttton, I would like to hear from people who has experience both with the Manker brand, and/or with this flashlight in particular, specially about:

1) How good is Manker warranty/after-sale support? I was kinda worried to hear from a guy who broke the red filter on his E03H (the previous model) and was both denied warranty service (due to unknowingly having bought it in an "non-authorized reseller") and told there were no spares even for sale (due to the old C03H being replaced by the new E03H "Mark" II). Is bad after-sale service a constant with Manker?

2) About the red filter: how fragile is it? Also, how "pure" is its red light? I watched a couple of Youtube videos and it seemed at least a little on the "orange" side, but I'm not sure if it wasn't more of a camera/environment effect. This is important because, it it's too "un-red", it would be a no-no at stargazing parties and the like (stargaze parties usually hard-eject anyone using any kind of non-red light).

3) How robust/reliable/well-built is the brand in general and this model in particular? Ideally I would like something to keep working flawlessly for 10+ years, just like my current iTP A3 EOS.

4) Any other experiences with or comments about the brand in general and this model in particular are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

dmenezes

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to everyone who responded for all the great info.

I've decided to go ahead and purchase the Manker E03H II and clicked the dreaded "Buy it now" button a couple of hours ago. Now let's wait for it to arrive and put it through its paces.

Last edited: