• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Loop Gear SK01 Skywalker Fidget Zoomie LEP

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 9.44.47 AM.png

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
At first I am like damn the prices! Then I saw the videos and was like heyyyy it's kinda cool! hahahah
I got a tester coming so we will see what's up!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's definitely a one of a kind. But I don't think I'll be able to justify the hefty price tag for such light. If it does 1.5 million cd then it's worth it.

LaGgY_42o

Newly Enlightened
I got the early bird deal at launch for a Silver Ti variant, price was substantially lower, guessing the lowest it will ever be but I was prepared to pay retail. Kinda in love with the thing, my LA60svn has been replaced by the SK-01s for being my favorite light, and its way more carriable lol. When I first got mine the focus ring was completely stuck, had to turn it pretty hard to break it free, though after while it can now be turned with the hand holding the light / one handed. Its not really a fidget spinner, the spinning parts spin for ease of use / function. The spinning ring below the focus ring spins to make turning the focus ring one handed easier. Idk if I'm the right person to say its worth it or not, I've bought many, many, expensive lights in the last year, but I definitely don't regret my purchase, even if I paid retail I don't believe I would either. Its a great light imo.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Well, I love the look and the concept. Actually, I like just about everything but what's the disconnect with stated vs actual output? Two other reviewers measured less than 400L. The disparity if frankly alarming to me. I mean, we see number fudging in the industry but this takes it 3 more levels of nonsense. This doesn't diminish the fact that many love the light and I respect the owners. I'm just looking for some performance honesty and I can't imagine what excuse / explanation Loop would have that could account for realizing 1/3 of the stated lumen output.

LaGgY_42o

Newly Enlightened
Yea they did screw up pretty bad with the marketed lumen measurements. I wonder if its because they are a new startup and didn't have industry testing equipment and resorted to a DIY testing method but assembled it wrong? Or if they took the Nextorch T20L's laser module and its 900 lumens and used it but had to cut it down due to heat build up in the small housing / titanium and didn't want the Ti version being less than the cheaper aluminum version so they cut them all back to match?

Vinh, were you able to find anything that indicates the SK-01s is able to be pushed anywhere near its 900 lumens with some of your special sauce thrown into the mix? What's your opinion on the subject now that you have had time to look at it in person?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clicking on Vinh's avatar you will see that he has not visited CPF since latter April. He has two children now, amidst other factors.

One suggestion is to visit his website skylumen and contact him through there. Email I believe is his preferred method.