• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop BLF GTvn V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Issue

Enlightened
Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

Anyone know exact length and diameter of this light? And maybe weight too. :)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

In looking at the Sony VTC5A 2600 mAh cell spec at 30 Amps max continuous discharge, I see on Amazon, a Sony VTC6A showing a 3000 mAh rating with 30 Amp continuous rating. Are these real or fakes?

Dont buy it from amazon. You dont know what you are getting.. illumn is a good place.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Oslon Version numbers still in progress :)
Price will be cheaper but not too much...Sorry...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

TN42vnOslon VS GT VS GTvn
Distance 2 Tree = 600ft = 182m

Even on 1 VTC5A the GTvn makes 1.2Mcd!

Agpp

Enlightened

VTC6A has not hit the market yet, though there are pre-production samples floating around.
Mooch tested it and arrived at something between VTC6 and VTC5A in both capacity and voltage drop. Overall looked like a progress, but definitely not a game changer.
Also, HKJ tested Vapcell Purple 2400 mAh and it has beaten VTC5A.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

VTC6A has not hit the market yet, though there are pre-production samples floating around.
Mooch tested it and arrived at something between VTC6 and VTC5A in both capacity and voltage drop. Overall looked like a progress, but definitely not a game changer.
Also, HKJ tested Vapcell Purple 2400 mAh and it has beaten VTC5A.

I mean VTC5A

star_c_star

Enlightened

Wow, I see that Specs 1 - 6 are available for purchase on Skylumens.

I'm seriously considering Spec 5, AND Spec 7 when 7 is released.

Spec 7 (the Oslon option) will be placed with my lasers.

Last edited:

Issue

Enlightened

Holy s.. this is the most expensive thing i ever wanted that i have absolutly no use of! :D

star_c_star

Enlightened

Someone recommended Illumination Supply for the VTC5A's.

They have the "18650 Sony US18650VTC6 3000mAh High Discharge Flat Top" also. The VTC5A's are out of stock there, as well as on the SkyLumen site.

Looking elsewhere on CPF, the VTC6's seem to be at least as good as the VTC5A's.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vtc6 is a great cell. Just a tad bit more internal resistance. I dont think our eyes will see the difference. The lights does 1.2Mcd with 1 cell which I find most impressive. Should be a great ceiling bounce light with all the mass too.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I think I am one of those rare ones that still appreciate cool white. In a dedicated thrower 5000K is the lowest I would like. 6500K is still my choice. For some reason cool white pencil beam "pop" things out for me more...May be its just imagination/illusion but its good enough for me. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Wait...need to compare 5500K vs 6500K. 5500K might be just right?! Stuff like this reminds me how obsessed I am with lights. Hah

Issue

Enlightened

I like cool white too but then i read comments about how warmer color temp brings out colors better.. So im unsure. :)

Vinh, any comment on GTvn? How is it to play with? Numbers are insane, would be nice to hear a comment or two from you.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I like cool white too but then i read comments about how warmer color temp brings out colors better.. So im unsure. :)

Vinh, any comment on GTvn? How is it to play with? Numbers are insane, would be nice to hear a comment or two from you.

Its so hard for me to brag about a $650 light. Anything I say would sound like I am trying to sell the light. But I am thoroughly impressed with the peeformance. The wide hot spot goes against what we are used to In dedicated throwers. To me its incredible that such a wide hot spot can be North of 1.5Mcd. If we disregard the negatives of size, weight , and especially price I cant see how anyone can not be amaze. Not to sound cliche but I think its a completely different beast than what we r used to in terms on dedicated throwers. If Cree cares about throw LEDs for flashlight they sure got to come up with something revolutionary to upset the CFT90.

Status
Not open for further replies.