Machinist/Latheperson needed

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
I need someone to make me a threaded aluminum ring to fit inside a Mag C head.

Dimensions:

Height: .3125in

Outer Diameter: 1.91in (Diameter of the inside of a Mag C head. If someone could verify this, that would be great.)

Inner Diameter: See pics.

Any questions?

EDIT:
Wow, I reread my post and I was totally unclear. :lolsign:
Here's some pics to help you guys along.

I've got a PXR, but it's too short for my intended reflector solution, so I'll need a threaded ring to make it taller.
The important thing about the threaded ring is that the height is .3125 inches. It needs to be the width of the ID of the mag head, and it needs to be able to thread onto the bottom of a PXR heatsink.

Does that help? :grin2:

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
What exactly are you trying to do? From your description I haven't a clue :)

Mac

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
What exactly are you trying to do? From your description I haven't a clue :)

Mac

My thoughts exactly, it sounds like he wants a bushing to thread a body on the bezel end of a head?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Morelite said:
My thoughts exactly, it sounds like he wants a bushing to thread a body on the bezel end of a head?

Thats what I was picturing also :)

Mac

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
All you need is a spacer ring no threading involved. You just need to determin how much higher you need the heatsink to be. I had to do the same thing when I did a 3x cree with MCR20's.

Mac

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
I considered that before, but discarded the idea for some reason. I think I wanted maximum heatsinking capability for running the light at full blast continuously. Threading should have more surface area to transfer heat.
Do you think that a spacer would provide sufficient heatsinking?

It needs to be .3125 inches higher.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
No doubt everything threaded would be better thermally but I doubt it would be worth it.

The threaded spacer your thinking about would be alot of work and most likely the PXR would need to be modified as well. I would just use a regular spacer and some thermal compound myself.

Your threaded idea would be tough as the spacer thickness is only .312 with

Mac

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually forget what I said above :)

I thought you wanted it internally and externally threaded. Basically you just want a spacer that is the same diameter as the inside of a "C" mag head .3125 thick with a 20tpi internal thread (same as a "C" body)

Mac

Last edited:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
So are you wanting to raise the surface of the PXR up .3125" beyond where it is when fully screwed into the head?

Is your reflector and emitter combined.5045" tall? If my calculations are correct this is what it should be if you want the surface raised .3125".

BTW check your PM box.

MM

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kryoshpinx - Man, am I glad you asked this question...with pics no less!

I was about to make a new topic asking about the OD and ID of the ledge inside the Mag C head. You saved me the trouble of asking the former (1.91"), but still need to know the latter... what is the ID of that ledge?

Anyone know offhand?