• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mag 1D Grooved /Finned

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Just got mine:twothumbs Picked up two of em and stuffed em with luxluthor 4xaa-> D packs and malkoff dropins. Also topped em with aspherical lenses and these things are amazing. The custom work is as close to perfect as I've ever seen. If you don't have some of these things you owe it to yourself. At this price they're a steal. I believe I've found my every day perfect light. Thanks Ledean! Another home run product.

G

PurpleDrazi

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine:twothumbs Picked up two of em and stuffed em with luxluthor 4xaa-> D packs and malkoff dropins.

mr.squatch,

do you have a link for the 4xaa-> D packs?

thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Francis

[edit: nevermind -- found it!! :D]

p/s:

Any chance you might get some copper colored ones?

Yes!! . . . copper would be cool!

:)

Last edited:

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Follow up post. I now have discovered a problem with this setup. I ran around the neighborhood with both lights shining off into the distance for a good half hour of runtime on each. Then I came home and took the heads off to just let them run to run the batteries down to nothing. My regular schedule with new battery packs is to run them down til the lights quit then charge them up 3x to form a good cycle. I dunno if it works or not, but it lets me feel better about em. Anyways, I figured 4aa's would max out around an hour, they're tiny cells. So I let them run until I had to leave for an xmas party tonite. Still full strength. That was a little over an hour. Got home a while ago, turned them both on again. Still going strong. Something has to be wrong with this setup. 4xaa's are currently at 4 hours semi-constant runtime and still full strength. I'm beginning to get concerned... still waiting, I'll let you know when they finally die.

edit: 4 hours 15 minutes

g

Last edited:

PurpleDrazi

Newly Enlightened
Follow up post. I now have discovered a problem with this setup. I ran around the neighborhood with both lights shining off into the distance for a good half hour of runtime on each. Then I came home and took the heads off to just let them run to run the batteries down to nothing. My regular schedule with new battery packs is to run them down til the lights quit then charge them up 3x to form a good cycle. I dunno if it works or not, but it lets me feel better about em. Anyways, I figured 4aa's would max out around an hour, they're tiny cells. So I let them run until I had to leave for an xmas party tonite. Still full strength. That was a little over an hour. Got home a while ago, turned them both on again. Still going strong. Something has to be wrong with this setup. 4xaa's are currently at 4 hours semi-constant runtime and still full strength. I'm beginning to get concerned... still waiting, I'll let you know when they finally die.

edit: 4 hours 15 minutes

g

ok . . . but how much runtime? and what is the capacity of the AA's?

I did some very rough calculations before and this is what I came up with (let me know if you see any flaws):

Four NiMh cells (I'm assuming we're dealing with NiMh AA's) gives you 4.8 volts (nominally). At that voltage, the Malkoff should be draining less than 1 amp.

So, If you're using (for example) 2000 mAh batteries, you should get over 2 hrs runtime. Probably closer to 3 hrs if you're using something with a higher capacity.

Francis

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Not sure the mah's on em, they're the eneloops. They're in a luxluthor battery pack so I can't read the labels. 4x = 4.8v I can't believe the runtime, I drained em again today and charged em up, then ran em a 3rd time and got 4 hours 5 minutes. It's almost exactly as bright as my 3d mag with a malkoff, but with the aspheric lens it throws at least 500ft. I'm off to try some farther ones tonite after dark. :) I love this little light. Glad I bought two

g

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Per our PM's, PayPal sent for a Mag 1D:
- red
- quad-bored
- no finning
- no grooving

...and light received. Thanks!

I did a quick check with an Aventrade 4AA->D parallel holder, and it fits fine. I also fired it up with an FM 3AA->D series holder and it works as expected. I'm planning to use one of those two holders or an AW "C" cell and an Elektro Lumens 3-cell drop-in.

Great work, and thanks again!

XPLRN

Newly Enlightened
Ledean, your PM box is full so posting here for an availability check. I would want a plain black one, any idea as to shipping schedule after PP receipt?? Thanks, XPLRN

Have these maglites cut down to 1D size.

Black

All come with origiinal reflector stock switch , bulbs etc.
All are bored for 4xAA batteries.

Black (no finning ) is $39.00

Shipping is 7.50 In US .
Paypal to [email protected]

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
...and light received. Thanks!

I did a quick check with an Aventrade 4AA->D parallel holder, and it fits fine. I also fired it up with an FM 3AA->D series holder and it works as expected. I'm planning to use one of those two holders or an AW "C" cell and an Elektro Lumens 3-cell drop-in.

Great work, and thanks again!

will the parallel holder work or the series holder? im confused I'm sorry

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
will the parallel holder work or the series holder? im confused I'm sorry
Each of them can fit. Whether they work or not depends on the lamp or light engine. I just tried the Aventrade holder, because it was the only 4AA->D I had available and I wanted to verify the bore was sufficient. I don't see myself actually using the Aventrade holder with this light, but I'm hoping FM does another run of 4AA->D series holders.

FYI... the Aventrade holders are not compatible with all AA cells. I bought them to use with Eneloops, and had to mod the positive contact to use them.

Ledean

Enlightened
I am back after a hectic new year and christmas stuff. Got up a few mornings with the thought of finishing my mods only to find that I am not near the lathe at all.
I wish I could carry my lathe wherever I go.

I have a three Black1D mags available . No waiting on those.

Ledean, your PM box is full so posting here for an availability check. I would want a plain black one, any idea as to shipping schedule after PP receipt?? Thanks, XPLRN

Zenster

Enlightened
I have a three Black1D mags available . No waiting on those.

Hi Ledean,
If you still have any of those plain Black1D's left, I'd like one.

I want to send you a money order, so please PM me with where it should go and how much it needs to be for (including shipping to Houston, TX).

Thanks

chuck614

Newly Enlightened
PP sent for one silver 1D (grooved and finned) plus shipping. Total $62.50
Thanks! chuck614

Last edited: