• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mag 1D Grooved /Finned

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope he is back soon, i am thinking about getting one of these.

chimneycheck

Newly Enlightened
Lol. You should really read the preceding 100 posts or so.

Wow, I just read some of the previous posts.

I could snicker myself if it weren't for the fact that those others do not have their lights. I know how we fanatics feel about our wire resistance light creators! Bummer.

Too bad. I've been wanting a 1D mag (4A) to throw around in my chimney camera bag for emergencies. His looks awesome.

Hope he comes back! Until then, I will keep my cash!!

Thanks for the heads up

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I just read some of the previous posts.

I could snicker myself if it weren't for the fact that those others do not have their lights. I know how we fanatics feel about our wire resistance light creators! Bummer.

Too bad. I've been wanting a 1D mag (4A) to throw around in my chimney camera bag for emergencies. His looks awesome.

Hope he comes back! Until then, I will keep my cash!!

Thanks for the heads up

If you want one check out this thread,

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/156080

jesus made a 1D for me and it is perfect!

ggaarryy

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bring this one back to the top again.

But this guy has had my money $195, and my failed light so I am out another $20 for return postage since January this year.

Problems or a deliberate pre-meditated attempt to de-fraud via USPS??

You decide.

I have had some good times on this forum , but this is real "sickener"

Thanks for listening, again.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, unfortunate at best and, for those with money "invested", much more so than that it appears. I can, as most of us, remember family difficulties and know how that can affect our lives. This we do understand. We seem to be way past understanding at this point however and do want to wrap this up in accord with the offer which Ledean made to many through personal e-mail----return any money which he had accepted for projects. I just wish this would finally come to a close....a positive close for all involved. Of much lower import would be for others such as myself, to be able to get some lights built--although that process might be rather difficult in view of what appears to be at best, a tainted reputation....

Karl

Last edited:

ggaarryy

Newly Enlightened
Yes, unfortunate at best and, for those with money "invested", much more so than that it appears. I can, as most of us, remember family difficulties nad know how that can affect our lives. This we do understand. We seem to be way past understanding at this point however and do want to wrap this up in accord with the offer which Ledean made to many through personal e-mail----return any money which he had accepted for projects. I just wish this would finally come to a close....a positive close for all involved. Of much lower import would be for others such as myself, to be able to get some light built--although that process might be rather difficult in view of what appears to be at best, a tainted reputation....

Karl

Fully agree with Karl (again) as I was one of the many to wish him well with his problems , and yes family is first, full stop.

However, if you run a business (i.e sell goods and service for financial reward) then you must be prepared to take on certain responsibilities. I have mailed him , PM ed him and had others write to him on my behalf, none of these methods have received even the basic courtesy of a response.

I have just mailed him again with an offer of a financial settlement for me to just "walk away" the figure is far from punitive and leaves me slightly out of pocket but leaves him with a light he can re-sell. I have done this as I want to move on and just see an end to this mess.

I have also indicated that if he chooses, and I use that word as he is choosing to ignore us all, then I will instigate action for postal fraud through USPS and Royal Mail here in the UK. I believe that I have been more than patient , and that what is happening is fraud. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it really is how I feel.

All the guy needs to do is just post and say that he is sorting things out, thats all , nothing else, just post, five minutes out of a day.

Apologies for ranting.

If ANYONE has had ANY contact please get in touch with me.

ggaarryy

Newly Enlightened
Just to let the community know that I have gratefully received offers of assistance from various people , but as expected repeated mails to the man himself have been studiously ignored.
:shakehead

iq2k

Newly Enlightened
Thanks jimjones3630, glad you like it.

Switchoff I will get some done this weekend .
Hey dude they look soooo cooool:naughty:
Will a 32650 battery fit the 1d's:confused:
Cause i wana put some seoul in it:crackup:
I'm gonna turn to P7:drool:
yeah yeah I'm gonna sell my seoul:broke:
I'm gonna get me one.
Will a 32650 battery fit the 1d's:green::green::green:

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
beetleguise, take LuxLuthor's advise since Ledean simply cannot be found. Some have tried many, many times to reach him, all with no success. It appears he has left the forums and building for good.

Karl

beetleguise

Enlightened
Wow, I guess I didn't keep up with the thread. He has done a special job for me and did great work. I will wait a little while. If no reply Jesus Hernandez can do it too.

ggaarryy

Newly Enlightened
Just to let everyone know, surface mail within the US is now being returned as "not known at this address" so looks like he has chosen, and that word is carefully selected as it really is a choice, to disappear with his gains, lights, money etc.

A single post or PM or mail, just to say sorry and I would give the guy some time, but nothing.

Absolutely disgusting.

ggaarryy

Newly Enlightened
And once again sorry for moving this one to the top, but the jeers section seems to have been reduced since I was last here.

Basically Mr LD finished it for me, and I walked away from the forum, torches are a hobby for me and I cannot afford to be ripped off for the best part of $400, thats the money i paid him for the light and then the value of the light which he has now as I returned it to him for repair.

Thanks to everyone I dealt with and who were honest, fair and helpful.

Best of luck to you all.

And in the event anyone knows where he is please let me know.