• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mag C/D High Temp Socket kits - they are here

Quest4fire

Enlightened
My first order was paid/submitted on 8/17/10. Got an email on 8/24/10 letting me know the order just shipped. I did include a paypal message on this first order asking to be notified if any delays were expected. I don't remember when it arrived exactly, but I'm sure it did not take longer than two weeks from the 24th.

My second order was paid/submitted on 9/26/10. It's been a month now and so far not a peep.

At this time I don't have any mods waiting on a socket so I will wait :sigh:
I'm sure Kiu will come through.

******* UPDATE *******
10/28/2010 Got home from work today to find a "Sorry We Missed You" note from the postman. My sockets are at the post office! I will pick them up tomorrow after work. Tomorrow is my birthday so maybe it is a sign. Ha! A couple of other mod related things arrived as well so I should be able to keep busy this weekend. Hang in there guys. Don't give up hope just yet!

Last edited:

znarfcram

Newly Enlightened
******* UPDATE *******
10/28/2010 Got home from work today to find a "Sorry We Missed You" note from the postman. My sockets are at the post office! I will pick them up tomorrow after work. Tomorrow is my birthday so maybe it is a sign. Ha! A couple of other mod related things arrived as well so I should be able to keep busy this weekend. Hang in there guys. Don't give up hope just yet!

Nice. Happy Birthday as Well!

Notsure Fire

Enlightened
Comes out to a lot but when you compare what it costs to buy, let alone find, something similar, it's all good :)

znarfcram

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed something with my shipment.

I requested and paid for "Delivery Confirmation".

There is NO confirmation sticker on the package. It was basically sent letter mail with stamps. Other than a customs declaration tag and an address label, there is absolutely no way for a Postal Service to know anything about the status of this package.

I guess it could have been a mistake. But I never recieved a response from Kiu when I inquired about the confirmation number before placing my order. I doubt it is worth the hassle and wait following up on this.

Others who place orders may want to reconsider this option...

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before the crash, there were a lot of posts in here regarding the return of PayPal payments and a general lack of response by KIU.
Has any of this changed?

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
The title had also been changed by one of the mods to show that the thread was on hold until Kiu replied.

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was no explanation. I suppose he ran out of stock or decided to stop supplying them. A month or so ago he started issuing refunds for orders placed.

soraxd

Newly Enlightened
darn, i really wanted to buy a socket kit, does anyone know any other place i might go to find one?

Xuen7

Newly Enlightened
make them from fivemega.. i really need these even more than you.. i am out of maglite original switches because i screwed up a few while practising trying to get them out.. and i am from singapore so maglite spare parts almost never come to singapore

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Bumping this old thread because I was contacted by another person from Hong Kong who had a quantity of these original Mag D & Mag C complete kits left over from KIU, including socket, base, stand-off nuts, screws, etc. and sold them to me at the exact same price/shipping as KIU. I can verify after receipt that everything went perfect! Probably your last opportunity.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you're selling some, Lux? How much? I'd be in for a few. :thumbup:

Bumping this old thread because I was contacted by another person from Hong Kong who had a quantity of these original Mag D & Mag C complete kits left over from KIU, including socket, base, stand-off nuts, screws, etc. and sold them to me at the exact same price/shipping as KIU. I can verify after receipt that everything went perfect! Probably your last opportunity.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I'm not selling them, and to keep all the rules straight which I'm not sure of anymore, probably best to send me a PM, and I'll give the dude's email. I can vouch for him, and they are still coming from HK.