Maglite 4 D cell ML300L

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
NiMH Energizer D's usually have a sub-C battery inside - similar capacity to a AA eneloop Pro but with much worse self discharge.

lkdo9TA.jpg

rayovac and duracell use basically the same set up.

xxo, thanks for the info. I'll have to keep an eye on its SoC.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about the Mag ML300 4 D but it sure makes a lot of sense. Batteries are sold in four packs not usually 3 or 5 or 6. I got the six cell version now just have to buy some American made batteries to go in it. I have German, Belgian, and Japanese made Ds but for this I feel I should use domestic ones. The runtimes on these LED D Mags are insane. I really feel like the batteries will leak long before they run out of power.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice where can I find this? Is it safe for the light? ordered a couple of the 4d L300Ls
Don't know how safe it is, there's always some risk in using two or more Li-ion cells in series, which is why it is essential to only use high quality matched protected cells. I also don't know how safe it is for the 4D ML300, all I can say is that I have tried it in 3 different ones and haven't blown the LEDs (yet?). For these reasons, I probably won't be making any more or offering them for sale.

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
Don't know how safe it is, there's always some risk in using two or more Li-ion cells in series, which is why it is essential to only use high quality matched protected cells. I also don't know how safe it is for the 4D ML300, all I can say is that I have tried it in 3 different ones and haven't blown the LEDs (yet?). For these reasons, I probably won't be making any more or offering them for sale.
makes sense I did the quick math and yeah good idea not to sell them and get yourself in a mess. I will probably just get some Tenergey rechargeable for it.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I'm no expert on NIMH chargers, but I have had the one from Harbor Freight for a while and it seems to work fine. It is called Thunderbolt and will charge all 4 at once.

hsa

Enlightened
Mag doesn't use Tenergy , they are designed for alkaline. If you choose to do so you can use almost any chemistry in most Mags.
China makes things like accessories. We mostly push buttons and shuffle money.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
No different than seeing Duracell or energizer cells inside their gift boxed lights, or blister packs . whatever batch they bought, is what they use.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking about adding a Maglite extension tube, a bust a cap, and Weltool SS strike bezel to my 4D ML300L. Are there any reasons not to add these?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
The extention tube makes it weaker if you plan to us the light for impacts.

I had a bust a cap on my 6C but recently took it off. I think may be better on smaller lights as I doubt I will have a big flashlight in a situation where I would need it. I'm no longer involved in any SAR type activities.

Latest posts