Maglite Bulb Economics

Lowglow

Newly Enlightened
I have posted more than 19,000 times without a keyboard. Maybe a dozen posts have been on a computer if that many. Probably 6,000 with an iPhone. Before that it was an Android. Shoot, the setup Mr Ed built is even easier to edit and multi quote than the system before that.
Just sayin'.

Now, buying Maglite 7 cell bulbs can be really pricey if you can find them. Right up there with Pelican Big D hi/low bulbs. (Roar of the pelican bulbs which the hi bulbs are capable of 1000 lumens)
Just a heads up. The Mag 7C bulbs are actually made by Philips if you look closely and they are Philips PR20 which are available on ebay at £2.95 for a pack of 2. Excellent bulbs.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Did they have both C and D bulbs back then Lowglow?

I do know they did for aa and aaa minimags for a while but now sell those as "fits aa/aaa". I have a friend who sent me packaging from aa and from aaa bulbs.

Lowglow

Newly Enlightened
Did they have both C and D bulbs back then Lowglow?

I do know they did for aa and aaa minimags for a while but now sell those as "fits aa/aaa". I have a friend who sent me packaging from aa and from aaa bulbs.
The Mag 7 cell packaging said for C and D - the current at 0.5A is suitable for both. They are not Krypton though, just 'gas filled'.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Maybe search for KPR120 bulbs. I thought KPR 118 was the one but those are rated at 7.2 volts. A 7 cell using alkalines (at 1.2 each under load = 8.4) wouldn't last very long.