Maglite Lantern?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You know I've never thought of this before. And now I honestly do not understand why Maglite does not make a lantern.
I don't think Mag wants to get into plastic extrusion manufacturing they seem mostly interested in getting as much profit out of the aged designs that they have to the detriment of their profit margin.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think Mag wants to get into plastic extrusion manufacturing they seem mostly interested in getting as much profit out of the aged designs that they have to the detriment of their profit margin.

They already offer traffic wand accessories; it wouldn't be hard to sub out manufacture of a diffuser and base.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
They already offer traffic wand accessories; it wouldn't be hard to sub out manufacture of a diffuser and base.

It shouldn't be too hard to make these the same way they make the wands. Mag already sells light/traffic wand sets for roadside emergencies; all they would have to do is add the base to make it into a lantern that you could use for changing a tire or into a electric "flare" when set in strobe mode.

Mag also advertises the crazy long run time of the 4D ML300 for power outages, I would think that adding a lantern base/defuser would be a added selling point.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
It shouldn't be too hard to make these the same way they make the wands. Mag already sells light/traffic wand sets for roadside emergencies; all they would have to do is add the base to make it into a lantern that you could use for changing a tire or into a electric "flare" when set in strobe mode.

Mag also advertises the crazy long run time of the 4D ML300 for power outages, I would think that adding a lantern base/defuser would be a added selling point.

I've taken opaque objects like paper cups and milk bottles and turned a flashlight face down on top of them as a diffuser/lantern option.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are makers of aluminum candle based lanterns, I don't see why Mag wouldn't want to get into that with an aluminum based LED lantern that provides better heatsinking and higher output and more reliability than the plastic competition for the money.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking, Mag should make some table lamps that look like a Maglite flashlight. I might have to make one out of a Mag with leaked batteries some time....would have to drill it out for a AC cord and install a socket in the head and 3D print a defuser and base like I am already using.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Latest version is for the D cell Mags with serials that start with D or DL -

ZVRU1q4.jpg

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been working on a kit for the AAA Mini Mag. It is surprising how much light these little LED Mags produce.

guzAvc9.jpg

DvbkQ2S.jpg

8qj0kOG.jpg

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
do these have a cone inside to direct light outward?
was going to make some myself.
got some clear filiment.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AAA MM does have a cone onside, but I am not satisfied with design, will have to try a few more ideas.