Maglite led upgrade

DE73

Newly Enlightened
What's the best option to give this incandescent lights a second life? 6D, 2D, 2AA and 2AAA.

Attachments

• IMG_5768.jpeg
    IMG_5768.jpeg
    619 KB · Views: 127

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking for ready to go dropin, for the D cell lights, or you willing to do modifications, machining, soldering work yourself? are you planning to run them on regular alkaline batteries,. or you would not mind to use li ion rechargeable cells?

now regarding AA lights, , 2AAA is not really modable, no ready made dropins avalable, for that model, nor there are many parts available that will fit it,
2AA however does have few drop ins still available, nite ize brand makes those.

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Are you looking for ready to go dropin, for the D cell lights, or you willing to do modifications, machining, soldering work yourself? are you planning to run them on regular alkaline batteries,. or you would not mind to use li ion rechargeable cells?

now regarding AA lights, , 2AAA is not really modable, no ready made dropins avalable, for that model, nor there are many parts available that will fit it,
2AA however does have few drop ins still available, nite ize brand makes those.
I'm looking for ready to go dropin. I don't think it's worth a lot of work and money. But some reliable quality dropin or bulb. I will stick to original batteries and the heat sinking isn't so good so maybe not so many lumens? Always good with some extra lights.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using two from this outfit, one each for 2xAA & 2xAAA incans, both of which came with an Al reflector. I'm also using their tailcap switches for each. I don't have a lot of hours on them yet, but am happy with the results so far. I have not tried any others personally:

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think @letschat7 is referring to Litt emitters. They are made (assembled) in Germany vs Asia..
That would be my recommendation as well

"Check out the big brain on Brad!!". Learn something every day.

I haven't had a DNA analysis done on mine. All I know is that so far they're working as advertised, are shipped from a local business a couple of zip codes away, have proper published specs, I can call them and they speak English, and if I needed to return one I could drive it over there in a few minutes. At the end of the day, that's really all I need to know.

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
@DE73,, appears the torchsite is selling Lumencraft drop-ins and Flashlightlens glass for Maglites as well Litt glass breaker tailcaps.
Not sure about the AA/AAA drop-ins where made. But, if greenpond Mike says they're good I'd give them the go ahead.

Edit, I like the sound of their solid metal (one piece) polished C/D reflector.. I've already inquired 👍

Last edited:

crushin

Newly Enlightened
What's you opinion about the drop ins from the torch site?

If this helps, I purchased from them earlier this year and upgraded the lens for an old Mag Charger. It is bright and definitely a spotter with little flood. I'd say it's rated lumens is pretty close. It did take about a month to deliver to me in Oklahoma.

DE73

Newly Enlightened
If this helps, I purchased from them earlier this year and upgraded the lens for an old Mag Charger. It is bright and definitely a spotter with little flood. I'd say it's rated lumens is pretty close. It did take about a month to deliver to me in Oklahoma.
I live in Europe so a little bit closer for me. But since UK left the European Union 2020 there will be extra tax and customs duty. But ordering from the torch site is my first choice so far.