Maglite ML100 and ML150???

Slickseth

Newly Enlightened
Have you guys seen these?

http://www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au...LITE+LED+FLASHLIGHT+2+C-CELL+-+MODEL+ML100-S2

and the rechargeable version:

http://www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au...IGHT+2+C-CELL+RECHARGEABLE+-+MODEL+ML150-2019

Why doesn't maglite do any marketing before releasing new products? Do they not care about making any money. For the life of me, I can't even find the slightest mention of these two products (or the new XL100) on maglite's own website.

The logic escapes me.

These may actually be VERY decent products. But nobody is going to know that. Because nobody is going to know that they exist until they end up on the clearance rack at lowes or home depot.

In any case... I'm very curious about these two new products, as well as the xl100 (and any other new maglite products which have been silently introduced into the market).

I've seen the recent reviews here on the xl100. Does anyonehave any experience with these other products?

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, in one of the XL-100 threads, months ago.

Why doesn't maglite do any marketing before releasing new products? Do they not care about making any money. For the life of me, I can't even find the slightest mention of these two products (or the new XL100) on maglite's own website.
They do marketing -- to their distributors. Fortunately, some CPFer got in touch with someone in the loop, got hold of some of distributor-targeted prerelease literature, and put up scans for us.

Also, note that they're still not released -- that's why that dealer show out-of-stock. Some shops similarly listed the XL100 months ago, despite having no stock because they weren't released yet...

The logic escapes me.

These may actually be VERY decent products. But nobody is going to know that. Because nobody is going to know that they exist until they end up on the clearance rack at lowes or home depot.

I've seen the recent reviews here on the xl100. Does anyonehave any experience with these other products?
I think they were showing a prototype at SHOT, didn't they? Read the XL100 threads, I'm going from memory here...

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Focusing 'vortex'? :laughing:

Li-ion in the new magcharger, I see. Also, there is a 3-C cell size.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the design of these new Mags, and C size is very nice to hold.
The question is of course whether they have an adequate heatsinking...

Regards, Patric

SKYTRAIL

Newly Enlightened
ML150-2019 - If this is the Brand new Upgraded Mag-Charger I believe this will be able to put out 400 Lumens.
It will be interesting to see this light in person when it lands.
Cheers. :popcorn:

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
As far as I know there is not a Luxeon LED capable of producing 400 lumens, out the front or otherwise. Unless the product description is in error and the MagCharger update utilizes an LED other than a Luxeon Rebel. I'd be interested to know where a 400 lumen output for this light is stated, and by whom!

SKYTRAIL

Newly Enlightened
It doesn't really matter as until the light lands, It can have XXX Lumens so when it lands, Mag will advertise it and You can choose then whether to purchase then, based on facts, not advise from a forum. I am only telling you what I have been told in good faith. Cheers. :ohgeez:

Chadder

Enlightened
Sorry to revive this old post, but I saw the maglite ML150 2 c-cell rechargable light listed on opticsplanet. When I searched the forum this was the only thread that listed the ML150. Has anyone heard any more information on these lights? Optics planet does not have very good information listed about the light.

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
No idea, I didn't even realize how old the thread was till I read your post. I have not seen any other discussion on them on the board, but I might have missed something.

Are they out for sale now?

ncka1234

Newly Enlightened
ML100 will be C cell alkaline only. LED available in 2C and 3C Should start shipping Sept.

ML125 previewed at SHOT show will be LED Rechargeable System (drop in NIMH stick) or Alkaline batteries. 300+ Lumens OTF with either type of battery source. CREE LED. Will be demonstrated at Outdoor Retailer and will ship in Sept.

ML150 being updated/tweaked..sorry no release date at the moment...

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
140, and almost 400 aud????????:eek: for a maglite????
i'll pass

Chadder

Enlightened
ML100 will be C cell alkaline only. LED available in 2C and 3C Should start shipping Sept.

ML125 previewed at SHOT show will be LED Rechargeable System (drop in NIMH stick) or Alkaline batteries. 300+ Lumens OTF with either type of battery source. CREE LED. Will be demonstrated at Outdoor Retailer and will ship in Sept.

ML150 being updated/tweaked..sorry no release date at the moment...
Thanks for the information!! I guess I need to go back through the shot show threads and see if there are any pics for these lights.

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
The pictures that are floating around on various sites. are they of the light or just a stock photo of a different model? It looks a little more streamline than a standard recharge mag.

Are they any first thoughts or reviews of the ML125 from SHOT?

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
More delays...it's looking like 2011 now. :(

Don't worry though, stay tuned to SmartDeviceResource.com as we'll be the first to have a review up once the light it out. ;)

Latest posts