• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mako Mk. II Run

neco

Enlightened
I just placed my pre-order in for the Mako Mk.II in HO. Can't wait to receive this light.
Any idea of expected run times for these lights on low and high? Thanks!

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
bmstrong: There will be no tritium slot. You can, of course, mix and match parts from the older Makos with the newer one if you'd like. (And before anyone asks, I'm not going to be selling individual parts; a good portion of the cost is in the head and it wouldn't be an economical purchase anyway, unfortunately)

Toons: Brightness on low is about two lumens on the RO and probably around 3 lumens on the HO.

neco: Runtime on low is 60 hours, estimated high mode runtimes follow - UV_High: 26 Hours, RO_High: 13 Hours, HO_High: 4 Hours

I'm waiting on some news related to the engraving on the parts, and will report back as soon as I hear back. Once that's done the pieces are supposed to ship here for final assembly.

Thanks folks!

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
bmstrong: There will be no tritium slot. You can, of course, mix and match parts from the older Makos with the newer one if you'd like. (And before anyone asks, I'm not going to be selling individual parts; a good portion of the cost is in the head and it wouldn't be an economical purchase anyway, unfortunately)

Toons: Brightness on low is about two lumens on the RO and probably around 3 lumens on the HO.

neco: Runtime on low is 60 hours, estimated high mode runtimes follow - UV_High: 26 Hours, RO_High: 13 Hours, HO_High: 4 Hours

I'm waiting on some news related to the engraving on the parts, and will report back as soon as I hear back. Once that's done the pieces are supposed to ship here for final assembly.

Thanks folks!

Appreciate the reply.

Shame. I'll have to look elsewhere. If you ever decide to change your policy I would be in for one.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Also pre-ordered an HO model. It should replace the old Mako flood I've had around my neck for I don't remember how long.

Esko

Enlightened
The new and updated HO model is very tempting, it surely is a good and attractive upgrade. There is no light that fulfills all my preferences for a dream keychain EDC but this one comes rather close. :thumbsup:

I have been discussing myself whether to order it or not. The price for the light.. once I include international shipping and local VAT to the final price tag, Mako Mk II HO would cost me 350 dollars. I don't want to complain about the price but I don't think I can justify buying it right now. There are some other everyday things I should have bought/updated long ago and while the finances may be a bit better than before, it is highly probably that there will be some unexpected expenses coming later this year and I don't know how much of them. So, no Mako here this time either but I'll keep an eye on the thread(s) and perhaps buy one later. Of course, if someone is going to play catch and release (especially in Europe), buying one secondhand may be an option, too. Not that I expect anyone to do that.

Anyway, thanks for bringing the updated Mako to the markets.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enrique, this may be the wrong place for such a question, but I wonder why you had decided to go on with Mako rather than with Aeon?

neco

Enlightened
Sweet just got my e-mail saying the pre-order is now available, should ship tomorrow.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

I first want to apologize for a mistake with the ordering system today. It sent out an automated e-mail indicating the pre-orders were complete, which wasn't accurate. I'm still waiting on the remaining batch of machined parts to be delivered. The shop has been having some trouble engraving the titanium, both with mechanical tooling and with a laser, which has been the holdup to this point. I'm waiting on their final test today, and if they haven't gotten everything sorted I will nix the engraving.

I have received the first two sample lights, and wanted to share with you some photos:

14598813365_4c38672f92_z.jpg

Mako Mk. II

14575783086_32de2fcc21_z.jpg

New Mako Mk. II vs. Original

14412393417_d7abcee9ef_z.jpg

Banding Comparison

14618890693_97810ec89f_z.jpg

Head Comparison

14412393057_4b4401d2f4_z.jpg

Tail Comparison

The parts have turned out quite nice, and I'm looking forward to getting them assembled and sent out to you guys in short order. These two will be going out to the first two pre-orders once assembled into full lights.

ma tumba: Because I recently did a run of Aeons and effectively retired that design. I have enough parts to make a handful of lights, which I'll be releasing later this month most likely, but I have no intentions of making another run of the Aeon. It's an expensive design to produce. I may make another CR2 light as its successor at some point, but not in the immediate near term.

Esko: Send me an e-mail at [email protected] when you have a moment.

Will have more news shortly - thanks folks!

Enrique

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
Enrique, thank you for the update. Can't wait to get my light. Now, I just need a AA version. [emoji6]

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really dig the styling on the Mk. II, especially the ridges on the head. :thumbsup:

Hamaremon

Newly Enlightened
Hello Enrique,
The beadblasting and ridges on the new lights look very nice!
Out of curiosity, has the switching changed to a "tighten for off, loosen for on" style?
I only ask because the head looks very tightly closed on the body compared to the
previous model, but maybe this is just coincidence?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys.

Gadgetman7: I've thought about (and designed) a Mako AA, but haven't gotten around to making one as of yet. Perhaps if there's interest after this batch of lights it's something to be explored further. Lots of runtime is available in the AA format.

moshow9: The changes to the Mk. II design are subtle, but I think they add a decent amount of refinement, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. The light is also slightly shorter than the original Mako, which is always nice to be able to achieve in a design.

Hamaremon: No, the new parts in the picture weren't assembled with electronics, so the head was tightened fully. Once assembled there will be some of the band showing, as in the Mk. I. I'll post a comparison shot of fully assembled lights soon.

On a different note, if anyone is interested in a red LED version of the Mako, send me an e-mail at [email protected]. It's not a standard thing, but I have one or two red LEDs and proper electronics for them if it's of interest to anyone.

The engraving on the lights has been cancelled, unfortunately. The parts will ship out Monday for final assembly here. Everything else is pretty much ready to go on arrival, so it should be a pretty quick turn once they get here.

Thanks folks,

Enrique

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have no doubt at all that the HO Mako Mk II will soon become the "the most important flashlight i've ever owned".

this is by far the most exciting flashlight i can imagine.

as my #1 'light, it will replace my warm-tint Mako Flood in 2012, which in turn replaced my Mako 60 back in 2011, that replaced my original Mako of 2009.

Makos rules!!!!

thank you endeavor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ico

Enlightened
Another great run for the mako for sure. I wish my pockets were little more full this time :broke: