Malkoff/9P vs LF Seraph Turbo

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I have too many lights. Very few get used, and most are redundant. Looking at thinning the herd. The biggest redundancy I have are high powered sort of kinda tactical lights.

1. Streamlight HL-3
2. Surefire 9P with Malkoff M91b
3. Lumens Factory Seraph SP-9 with turbo head XHP50.2 and cell extender to run 4xCR123/2x18650

Probably need to get rid of two as they are all very similar but not sure which I want. Streamlight throws the best, which I highly value in this form factor, can be easily weapon mounted but not designed for that and only have one sprung contact so I doubt its longevity in that scenario. But then the Malkoff setup is rock solid and easily mounted to my rifle if I want. Conversely the Seraph is the brightest but about as floody as the Malkoff and just as tough, plus more versatile in that I can run it 3xcr123, 4xcr123, 2x18650, 2x17500, etc... but it cannot be readily weapon mounted. Not that its a huge issue but it is a consideration as a stand alone high output "tactical" light.... Then again, should I even be considering running multiple cells in a weapon light (beyond the 2xCR123 which has been proven for years)?

I have a ton of others I don't use which need to get sorted through but this seems the obvious place to start. How does everybody else decide what to keep and what to move?

Enlightened
Tough question. Which one got used the most in the last say month or so? That's usually how I go about getting rid of stuff. All 3 are great lights though.

Does the seraph take P60 dropins with the regular head? That could be an advantage to the 9P in the future.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tough question. Which one got used the most in the last say month or so? That's usually how I go about getting rid of stuff. All 3 are great lights though.

Does the seraph take P60 dropins with the regular head? That could be an advantage to the 9P in the future.

Hahah, yeah well lately its been the M91/9P because its newest to me! As for the Seraph its definitely the best choice (turbo head, P60 head, 1x18650, 2x18650, 2-4xCR123, 2x17500, 2x14500, 2xAA...) but then I loose any ability to throw it on a long gun... which is unneeded at this point but I'd love to have the option! LoL

De-Lux

Enlightened
I would keep the 9p but to be completely transparent, the 9p is one of my all time favorite classic lights, not to mention they are no longer in production. Might be difficult down the road to pick up another if you wanted. The 9p has got to be a beast as a weapons light. I have a 6p on a La Rue Mount and am really looking at an m600 set up.

Last edited: