• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Malkoff Devices RED, AMBER, or GREEN M61 LL Dropin Group Buy!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lists updated.

Arch, wouldn't that just depend on the resistor ring? It would depend how much it takes to get to 90 lumens. In the XP-G2 series, from my very elementary math, red LEDs are about 1/3rd overall brightness to their white counterparts at equivalent draw. If this is true, our normal 15~ lumens would be around 5?

Does that sound right to people? That's my guess.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: Malkoff Devices RED M61 Dropin Group Buy!

Yep, but I don't know what value resistor Malkoff uses in the OEM ring.

That resistor is, of course, moddable.

archimedes

Flashaholic

..... And if you know the current to get to 90 lumens, and have the spec sheet for your emitter, you could probably guesstimate pretty accurately.

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Question: If the output is 90 lumens, isn't it considered LL?. A Standard M61LL is 100 lumens. Did Gene provide the mA rating?.

archimedes

Flashaholic

A few posts back we discussed that red output will appear quite a bit dimmer to the human eye at equivalent radiant flux.

Luminous flux is radiant flux corrected by a luminosity function, which is maximal in the green spectrum.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast

90 lumens just might distort an older human, make em want to sit down fast

If low comes in @15 lms that should be nice for night owls

.5 lms low would be great combo with a 50 lm high

Just a thought.. With the extra emitters can Gene do some experimentation with outputs?

It would benefit himself and us night cats :cool:
Screenshot-20210707-155846-Chrome.jpg

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only thing I don't know is current to get there.

LED specs are here: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/896-SST20DRB120V660

I used them compared to the SST-20 4000K Gene currently uses, which are not of course completely comparable, but perhaps should be roughly guestimateable?

AndyF: Maybe? I'm not sure exactly how we are to play that game and we are likely to all get lost in that swamp, hence my "v1" designation. Last time we had to "make up" an output level (for the LLLLs) I believe Gene and I conferred before rolling on the batch. So this time I'm just shooting for a 90~ lm output, and Gene will just let us know what drive that is at.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lists updated!

Of course, all questions regarding what you are paying for are absolutely welcomed.

Request officially sent to Malkoff, I suspect I'll be getting a call later today or maybe even tomorrow. Rolling on 25 units, ~90lm, M61R v1 xx of xx. 24 spots taken thus far. 2 Moved to "lower output" for further consideration.

I have also inquired as to potential draw of the lower output units, when I have more information I will report back promptly!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't see this thread until now, don't tell me I just missed this by two hours! I'm in for one deep red M61 unit full power.

7romanstatesmen

Newly Enlightened
I didn't see this thread until now, don't tell me I just missed this by two hours! I'm in for one deep red M61 unit full power.

I meant to hold off a couple of days to give it some thought but this week totally got away from me. I'm for the exact same if there's still time.

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gene is ready to roll! I will start sending Payment PMs out BY** this weekend. I will finalize prices by EOD tomorrow! LEDs have been ordered.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for doing this group buy. I'm really looking forward to this one.

In the future I'd be interested in deep red high and low powered M31's as well.