• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker E11 (Simple T01) EDC Flashlight Is Releasing

Smjsychj

Newly Enlightened
If you use protected, non IMR 14500 cells:
- the cell won't be able to give as many Amps as required to activate the turbo mode.
- the PCB will block the cell when try to access to turbo mode (because of too many amps), and the light will turn off.

The switch cover is made of rubber.

Thanks a lot for the reply! I am curious what's the LM if one uses a regular AA, alkaline for example. Manker didn't say, nor can I find this in any reviews. Thanks!
the same question goes to T01 also.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Budda,

Great pictures! I hope Manker has worked out the QC issues that plagued their previous lights.

markr6

Flashaholic
Everything is nice except the tint. It's a meanie greenie :green:

SC52w on left.....Manker E11 on right
IMG_6270.JPG

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tint looks bad for sure. Looks like XP-L has bigger hot spot than XM-L? Big hot spot is very useful for close-up use. At least that's something I can look forward to for my next light.

da1510a

Newly Enlightened
So which is better?

MANKER E11
VS.
KLARUS MI7

Very similar size and output, has anyone made comparison reviews?

I have both now. I use Eneloop in both.

- Straight from box both look like they have good build quality. The Klarus has more plastic retail type packaging. I prefer the Manker because it is a paper box.

- From the box, the threads with lube are smooth on Manker. The Klarus is gritty.

- The tint on the Manker is warmer. I got the neutral white version. Klarus is noticeably cooler tint. I prefer Manker.

- Beam pattern of the Manker is wider and more evenly spread. The Klarus is in a more focused area with some noticeable "rings" of brighter areas.

- Output: the Manker is noticeably, very significantly brighter than the Klarus on its highest mode. keep in mind I am using NiMH Eneloop and not Lithium ion. This is even as I left both in that mode for more than 10 minutes.

For me, I bought these for AA NiMH use. Manker was hands down winner. I was a bit disappointed with the Klarus in terms of performance to price . I've placed that for sale on Craigslist for cheap (half the price I bought) to see if anyone will take it off my hands.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance of a version 2 of this light? This is the light I want to buy out of the current AA lights.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I don't know what I'd change in an E11 v2, but I would like to see Manker apply their expertise to a 2xAA light. If the E11 can do 400lm on one Eneloop, two Eneloops should be even more impressive whilst still avoiding the use of Li-Ion cells.

The mass market remains focused on AA cells, so the 1xAA and 2xAA segments are very important. Those are the lights that get a brand in front of as many people as possible, so that some of them will spread the word and even start looking at more powerful lights from that brand.

A USB-chargeable 18650 light is an obvious step up, for example, but you have to get people in the door with a familiar light format first, and most of the "ordinary" lights I see people using are 2xAA.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
E11 is a great light. I really like mine. Only thing to improve would be the tint on the nw! Not terrible but could be better.

andygold

Newly Enlightened
I have no AA sized flashlights at this time, but I'm looking to get one. I'm currently EDC'ing a Tank007 E09 (AAA) and/or a Lummi RAW (14250) in a back jeans pocket. I'm looking to get into an AA/14500 light and have it narrowed down to a few, with the E11 CW at the very top of the list (followed by Olight S1A, Klarus MI7). I truly like the output numbers that this light provides, and especially the spacing between the modes, when compared to the others on my short-list.

I'm curious though if the flashlight has any stepdown to the levels. The specs I read on 14500 say 800 lumens for 0.4 hours. Will it put out a constant 800 lumens for that time period, or will it step down at some point. And, if so, is it regulated by temperature or time? I have the same question for AA as well, will it maintain 400 lumens for 1.2 hours, or will it step down, and if so, to what level and is it timed or due to it hitting a certain temperature?

Thank you,

andy

Every single light has some type of step down, even if only very very little. This usually scales with the lights ability to deal with heat... Small dimensions to high output almost always mean a very quick loss of the advertised "wow" numbers. Olight is one of the few companies that states the lumens after the step down occurs, but you can look at their numbers keeping in mind the size and output and use it as a guide for other companies lights. It's essentially all similar technology and no company has broken any crazy barriers that the competition doesn't know about and isn't using themselves.

So going here on forward, unless the light has a low lumen to size ratio, you can expect/predict a drop.

Lots of manufacturers overstate their lumen claims as well. Read reviews of the lights you are considering, look at the charts and graphs and details and you'll get a good understanding.

Also, the Manker E11 is very close in pocketability to a compact 18650. It's relatively large in comparison to the Manker Mi7. I'd recommend a small size increase for huge gains with an 18650.

Last edited:

andygold

Newly Enlightened
I read a posting that someone was using an Xtar protected cell in the E11 and it seemed to work fine without tripping the cell's protection circuit due to high draw...

With that said, has anyone tried the Fenix 1600ma protected 14500 cell in the E11? It's rated at double the usual capacity of a 14500, and is only 50mm in length.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-arb-l14-1600u.html

I realize that most all of the IMR 14500 are flat tops, but will a button top work in the light if it will fit inside?

Phlogiston

Enlightened
[...] has anyone tried the Fenix 1600ma protected 14500 cell in the E11? It's rated at double the usual capacity of a 14500, and is only 50mm in length.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-arb-l14-1600u.html [...]

Note that this isn't a normal 14500 cell. It's actually a USB-rechargeable 1.5V AA battery with a Li-Ion cell and conversion circuitry inside. The capacity is given at 1.5V, not the 3.7V of a normal 14500, so no miracle capacity here. This 1.5V 1600 mAh AA is roughly equivalent to a normal 3.7V 650 mAh 14500.

Interestingly, this is the same amount of energy as a standard 1.2V 2000 mAh Eneloop AA cell.

andygold

Newly Enlightened
Note that this isn't a normal 14500 cell. It's actually a USB-rechargeable 1.5V AA battery with a Li-Ion cell and conversion circuitry inside. The capacity is given at 1.5V, not the 3.7V of a normal 14500, so no miracle capacity here. This 1.5V 1600 mAh AA is roughly equivalent to a normal 3.7V 650 mAh 14500.

Interestingly, this is the same amount of energy as a standard 1.2V 2000 mAh Eneloop AA cell.

Thanks for the clarification! I thought the battery was a 14500, not an AA. They had it listed with the 14500's.

For revision 2 of the E11, I'd like to see either the ability to accept protected cells, or a built-in lock-out.

I ended up getting an OTR M3 instead.