• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker U21vn - 26650 Thrower

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
The throw on my xpg2 PDT version is simply sick. Something that compact shouldn't de able to launch a beam of light that tight,far,and intense it defies the laws of physics. If Einstein were still alive he would have said E= U21vn /V54 Fiat Lux Gen1:3.

That might be my favorite cpf post ever. Thats great :D

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]Spec 3: XPL HD 7000K, Highest output, largest hot spot, Least Throw $125[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ANSI[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lumen: 1750[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lux: 75K[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Throw: 548m[/FONT]

I just now purchased the XPG2 PDT version to go along with my other RC40vnF-70.2 purchase. There is nowhere else to afford a legitimate compact dedicated thrower AND a 6*XHP70.2 RC40vnF at the same time. Nowhere. That's why I did it if anyone wonder!

Last edited:

RCantor

Enlightened
Does anyone know the beam angle of the hotspot with the XPG, XPL and guesses on the Oslon?

Or even a rough idea of the width of the hotspot at any distance you happen to know? Just tell me which LED, how far and hotspot width.

Thanks.

Last edited:

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Does anyone know the beam angle of the hotspot with the XPG, XPL and guesses on the Oslon?

Or even a rough idea of the width of the hotspot at any distance you happen to know? Just tell me which LED, how far and hotspot width.

Thanks.

I have the XPL and the XPG2. I will go out in a few minutes and measure the hot spot diameter for you. Unless you really need the small increase in throw of the XPG2, I would go with the larger hot spot and nearly double lumen output of the XPL. If I needed as much throw as possible (and who doesn't) I would go with the Olson.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened

Thanks.

The hot spot on the XPL is less defined than the XPG2 so it is harder to measure accurately, but I did my best.

At 10 feet the XPG2 was 4.5" and the XPL was 7".
At 25 feet the XPG2 was 7.5" and the XPL was 13.5"

At greater distances the XPL hot spot is less defined and is very hard to determine with any accuracy.

I hope this helps.

RCantor

Enlightened
The hot spot on the XPL is less defined than the XPG2 so it is harder to measure accurately, but I did my best.

At 10 feet the XPG2 was 4.5" and the XPL was 7".
At 25 feet the XPG2 was 7.5" and the XPL was 13.5"

At greater distances the XPL hot spot is less defined and is very hard to determine with any accuracy.

I hope this helps.

Sorry for the late reply but last night the CPF "reply" function gave me the circling icon for hours.

Your reply is very helpful to me. I will use this flashlight in the day time to light up shadows on the forest floor. It's tough to get enough light in a tight enough spot to do any good. Every bit of lux helps. What you've told me is that the XPG hot spot is indeed big enough but also that the Oslon hot spot is also likely to be big enough. I have to see the Oslon in action to know if the CCT will be useful to me. They're all between 5700 and 7000K which is pretty high for my needs.

So thanks!