Marduke's Fenix T1 Abuse Test... VIDEO UPDATE!

mikehill

Enlightened
Considering 4sevens supplied lights for testing .. maybe a SF dealer would like to donate one ? Just a thought ;)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The only, for lack of a better word, "spare" Surefire I have is one of my G2 models. But that wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
now you necessarily have to test the ultimate rough use light in the world
crush a maxabeam ;)

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well, I was unable to get the pill out of the head, so the light remains dead. I will be shipping it back this week or next. I did find that the emitter was crushed to the point that the epoxy dome came off. It did still work like this however.

If time permits, I will find other items to test to compare the T1 to.

For those of you wanting to donate victims, but for whatever reason are unable to mail them, I have decided to accept payment via paypal for a given item, and I will then purchase the item you wish to donate, crush it, and post the video on YouTube. PM me for details if you are interested in donating an item.

Marduke

Flashaholic
For those of your attending SHOT, look out for my T1 Crush video playing in a collage of videos at David's (4seven) booth for Fenix.

Also, I want to thank everyone for their support. The video has officially passed 3000 views!!!

:party::clap::party::clap::party::clap::party::clap::party::clap::party:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well, it appears that thanks to the various abuse testers (give them all a big round of :clap: ), the Fenix T1 made some good impressions at SHOT Show 2008.

I was browsing through one of the various forums/blogs that I try and keep up with, and I happened upon an honorable mention in the Pyramyd Air Report by B.B. Pelletier (a.k.a. Tom Gaylord).

Last section under "Super-Bright Flashlights"

Super-bright flashlights
An item that caught my fancy is a new tactical flashlight that puts out over 200 lumens of light and costs under $100. That level of power can be used to force compliance and give you time to club an intruder with a baseball bat or simply run away. Until now, that level of light cost over $200 and did not come in an aluminum shell that can withstand 20,000 lbs. of crushing pressure. It's made by Fenix.

d7e7r7

Newly Enlightened
Excuse the thread necromancy here but just watched the video and was wondering if you've crushed anything else since? Any Surefires/Maglites?

Latest posts