• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mateminco MT90vn+ = Farthest Reflector Thrower ...COMING SOON...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The LED and or the driver is likely fried. Look like I will need the head back for repair.

Ok, I finally resolved the issue with the battery carriers after seeing the photo that Alex posted. I was assuming the circuit was between both center positive contacts on top and bottom. Now I know the circuit is between the center contact and outside of end of carrier.

So I have 4.15V in each carrier, and have inserted them in light with middle dual spring disc. However no light comes on.

I tried reversing the battery carriers even though they have the same polarity orientation with + center and - outside end plate, still no light comes on.

I have tried fast click, series of fast clicks, and press and hold (all from off), never have had a light display.

I have inserted and removed carriers several times thinking that might reset the chip, but nothing has worked. It is like the light is locked off, or there is some internal short in driver board.

If you have no other suggestions, please let me know If I need to send it back to you to get fixed.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Vinh, this doesn't make sense to me, but I took out the Panasonic's and charged all 8 to full charge, re-inserted them and BOOM for the first time the light works, including all of the modes.

I don't know if there is an intermittent short, but I have now tested it a dozen times and it is working (and awesome). I cannot explain this. But at this point given the shipping both ways, I am going to keep playing with it to test it further.

Is there a lockout mode that I had been running into that somehow got activated?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
No lock out mode. Are you using unprotected cells?

Vinh, this doesn't make sense to me, but I took out the Panasonic's and charged all 8 to full charge, re-inserted them and BOOM for the first time the light works, including all of the modes.

I don't know if there is an intermittent short, but I have now tested it a dozen times and it is working (and awesome). I cannot explain this. But at this point given the shipping both ways, I am going to keep playing with it to test it further.

Is there a lockout mode that I had been running into that somehow got activated?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Yes they are the quality green unprotected Panasonic NCR18650B cells. I thought of that too that if they had been protected their PCB may have been needed to be reset, but that is not the case here.

Like I say, this makes no sense to me. I will keep you posted on more testing.

Last edited:

star_c_star

Enlightened
Yes they are the quality green unprotected Panasonic NCR18650B cells. I thought of that too that if they had been protected their PCB may have been needed to be reset, but that is not the case here.

Like I say, this makes no sense to me. I will keep you posted on more testing.

The first time you placed the batteries in the holders, you said they rapidly warmed up.

I'm wondering if they had been drained to below activation voltage for the flashlight, and that recharging the batteries fixed that problem.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first time you placed the batteries in the holders, you said they rapidly warmed up.

I'm wondering if they had been drained to below activation voltage for the flashlight, and that recharging the batteries fixed that problem.

this is the most likely cause. Shorting the battery for longer then a few seconds will rapidly drain it. also your light might not be getting max performance with NCR18650B cells(6.8 amps max). i have a ton of old ones of those and while they are good batteries they dont do high current well although with 8 cells maybe that doesn't matter. I recommend vtc5 flat top as they are cheap atm and are one of the best batteries you can buy for the money and can easily do 20 amps. I bought like 20 of them a few weeks ago and use the in my ff5 and mt90vn+ and k75vn all the time. I maek all batteries with the date they arrived and each set of 4 gets dots to keep th set together to keep matching cells. one set gets one dot then next set two dots and so forth. if i dont do this ill get them mixed up with my old vtc5 cells.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alex, why not the VTC6 instead of the 5? Just a cost issue?

cost is the only reason. i can get more vtc5 for the money. you not going to see a difference in performance with the vtc5 vs the vtc 6 and while the vtc 6 might get slightly more run time i think vtc 5 is still more cost effective. now you might see a performance difference if running one cell of the vtc5 and vtc5D. vtc5D is the highest drain cell available atm. better then vtc6 just a bit less capacity.

on illumination supply vtc5 is $4.99 vtc6 is $5.99 and vtc5D is $7.50

star_c_star

Enlightened
I purchased a large "hood hat" for my Mateminco MT90vn+. The XXXL hood hat is designed to protect optics, such as telephoto lenses, with a base around 6.5 inches wide.

It is made of black neoprene, and is designed to slide over the base. It fits perfectly.

For those of us with a Mateminco MT90vn+, it offers great protection for the giant front lens.

I have hood hats of various sizes protecting many of my flashlights.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I purchased a large "hood hat" for my Mateminco MT90vn+. The XXXL hood hat is designed to protect optics, such as telephoto lenses, with a base around 6.5 inches wide.

It is made of black neoprene, and is designed to slide over the base. It fits perfectly.

For those of us with a Mateminco MT90vn+, it offers great protection for the giant front lens.

I have hood hats of various sizes protecting many of my flashlights.

Link?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The factory included wire connection loops sucks! Do not use them!

I recommend these instead:
https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/crocsee-4-stainless-wire-rings

QnnkfJF.jpg

NRNtR6e.jpg

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Mateminco just emailed and said slight delay due to a fan screw. Sorry all. Should ship soon to me.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am going to include 2 CrocSee loop free with every MT90vn order. Kind of a must for this light. If you ordered one already you can email me to claim them on your next order. Thanksssssssssssssss

I absolutely love my Mateminco MT90vn+ super thrower. I decided to get serious and will use the recommended Sony VTC5D cells. I had been using VTC6 rewraps.

Amazing throw! It actually reaches the inversion layer of Los Angeles and that's like very high up! Much higher than low clouds in other parts of the country!

Mateminco MT90vn+ mimics a 4 kilometer Short Arc!

Last edited: