MBI: "Thing" - My newest, top secret "the product with no name"

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Re: MBI: "Thing" - My newest, top secret "the product with no name"

Count me in for a thing of all things...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is such a funny thread. almost 2 pages of people saying "I am in on buying Any Thing" We have no real clue what it really is, just MBI and Ti and we're ALL IN! LOL Total Flashlight Awesomeness. Makes me want to put a For Sale thread, "Mystery Ti flashlight, it's in 9 out of 10 condition $700". Wonder how long till you get a I'll take it?? lovecpf

Maybe its a Ti Hand?? :clap:

easilyled

Flashaholic

This is such a funny thread. almost 2 pages of people saying "I am in on buying Any Thing" We have no real clue what it really is, just MBI and Ti and we're ALL IN! LOL Total Flashlight Awesomeness. Makes me want to put a For Sale thread, "Mystery Ti flashlight, it's in 9 out of 10 condition $700". Wonder how long till you get a I'll take it?? lovecpf

Its based purely on our awe at Guy's innovation, originality and excellence in executing his ideas. We have utter belief that whatever he designs will come up trumps. :)

th8tredude

Enlightened

We actually don't even know it's a light, just that it can make light. The Ti charger makes light, but isn't one...

nbp

Flashaholic

I hope it's some kind of glowy night light.

slntdth93

Newly Enlightened

I'd be interested in buying and testing a new thing

Megatrowned

Enlightened

It's apparent that life will soon be impossible without these "things"! Get yours now! +1 "thing" for me!

VeloWeave

Newly Enlightened

Hey Str8stroke, totally agree... and I'll take it! 😁😁😁

nbp

Flashaholic

Ok, we're up to like 1,253 things requested...I hope you put in a big order. ;)

nbp

Flashaholic

For <$50 I'm willing to gamble on it being cool. You could give me a shiny chunk of Ti with a some glow powder in it and I'd probably be happy with it. Lol. At $100, I might want to see it first.

eurypylus

Newly Enlightened

We trust guy enough to sent him 50 buck for anything he made in return.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Str8stroke :D

I do agree with you, and at first glance it's somewhat of a very crazy proposition :crackup:

I'm about to post a little more reasoning but to make it easy to track my posts, I'll do that in a new post shortly :thumbsup:

Ok, we're up to like 1,253 things requested...I hope you put in a big order. ;)
Thanks nbp [LOL]

Not quite that (1,253) many but hopefully enough for a satisfying 1st batch ;)

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update:

Thanks again for all the additional "I'm in" posts.
Very, very, very much appreciated.

A little more about whats up with this secret styled intro.....

Deep in the other MBI threads, I had previously mentioned I considered a "prototype" club/membership of sorts where a limited number of supporters might be able to subscribe to purchase 1st run prototypes (with the idea being that I'd make a few extra prototypes at the early sample stage) so that whilst there may be some 1st batch weirdness, it would be a chance to play with and preview some cool "thing"s well before they become available and in some cases save eternities of waiting.

The response, not too dissimilar to this thread was ultra positive which led me to mention the possibility with "thing" except that; as timing and details are rather critical, I do have to wait before I can disclose the details.

Base on contracts in place, I expect the first titanium "Thing-O" machining samples to be in hand by ~November 15 and then the full trial batch by December 10-12.

"Thing-E" circuitry is done and I'm now checking on components as spacing is very very precise for this one. Depending on how things go, I "might" be able to offer some "Thing-E"s too and my plan for trial batch of those would be to use 3D Printing (samples came out better than expected) as I know you will LOVE the format.

After spending what seems like zillions of hours in 3D design, I've finished the all important mechanics for "Thing-Ultimate". As usual, when everything is small, getting everything to fit and ensuring it can be even machined was tricky but the mechanics are looking very close to done now.

For now, the beta is 100% go for Thing-O and a good chance for a Thing-E (thingo & thingy). All are easily categorized as "Things" but the form factor is very different between Things.

I'll post additional updates when available and thanks again for your support.

Tgwnn

Jump directly to my next update here

Last edited:

th8tredude

Enlightened
MBI: &quot;Thing&quot; - My newest, top secret &quot;the product with no name&quot;

A man with a plan. You are, the man! Thanks for the opportunity! The tribe rocks!!! I can't wait to see what's in store!
-Th8tredude

rpm00

Enlightened

Ok I'm intrigued. I'm in too

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll wait to see it...but I love my MBI HF (the one light I have on me EVERY day, no matter what I am wearing or carrying), and I know this will be cool too!

rpm00

Enlightened

Now we need to figure out what O and E mean...