MBI: "Thing" - My newest, top secret "the product with no name"

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MBI: "Thing" - My newest, top secret "the product with no name"

The post office "attempted" to deliver mine today. This is the second time they didn't even try to deliver a package and just left a "sorry we missed you" notice. I was home when they made the "attempt."
Funny you said that. I was telling a co worker a few days ago that the Mail people were doing this Trick a lot more often than in the past. Several co workers that were listening in all shared similar experiences. I guess thats why the PO is huge money pit. I don't want to turn this thread in to a PO flame thread, lol Just sayin, I know the feeling!
Just another rant: The mail man that comes to my work is too lazy to get out of his truck and walk the mail inside and pick up outgoing, he slips the mail into a Late Customer drop off box. Made for small stuff and gets wet when rains. So the boss has complained to PO bosses and even asked mailman nicely 10 times to stop. Did it work?? Nope he got all our mail wet again last weekend. And I have to make a daily trip to PO for outgoing!
:ohgeez::banghead::rant:
Back to more important Things!

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Funny you said that. I was telling a co worker a few days ago that the Mail people were doing this Trick a lot more often than in the past. Several co workers that were listening in all shared similar experiences. I guess thats why the PO is huge money pit. I don't want to turn this thread in to a PO flame thread, lol Just sayin, I know the feeling!
Just another rant: The mail man that comes to my work is too lazy to get out of his truck and walk the mail inside and pick up outgoing, he slips the mail into a Late Customer drop off box. Made for small stuff and gets wet when rains. So the boss has complained to PO bosses and even asked mailman nicely 10 times to stop. Did it work?? Nope he got all our mail wet again last weekend. And I have to make a daily trip to PO for outgoing!
:ohgeez::banghead::rant:
Back to more important Things!

Yeah, UPS does the same thing...I'll be home, they slap a note on the door saying they missed me, and I'm reading it as they drive away w/o leaving the package.

eurypylus

Newly Enlightened

It has happened to me too many times & despite several complains, things never change so I just gave up on them.
Anyways, MINE HAS LANDED IN THE SUNNY (and rainy) ISLAND OF SINGAPORE!!!

I've use singpost and never have any issue. I always remember to give a "red packet" during lunar new year to keep things that way :)

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've use singpost and never have any issue. I always remember to give a "red packet" during lunar new year to keep things that way :)
I guess its down to the postman himself. There was an occasion when there is people in the living room watching TV & we see the delivery notice slide under the door.
When i opened the door to look for the postman, he was gone.
I wrote a complain letter to Singpost but there wasn't any response so I just kinda give up. I just make the extra trip down to the post office the next day to get my stuff.

Anyway, back to the "Thing"...
I should be getting mine tomorrow or the day after. Can't wait!

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe we should start giving the mailman a tip should they decide to get out of there vehicle and deliver the package to the door? Might be a little incentive to make sure they make an effort to deliver. I know they're getting paid for their job but a small act of kindness can go a long way.

phosphor22

Enlightened

Received some THINGS a couple days ago ---
All I can say (for a while anyway) is... :grin2: :twothumbs

59ride

Enlightened

mailman brought me some "things" today.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Comment Redacted for fear of accidental discloser per Section 4, article 3 of Thing User Agreement. :)

Last edited:

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
MBI: "Thing" - My newest, top secret "the product with no name"

Comment & photos redacted due to "nana nana boo boo" I got mine. :p

:)

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Team...

Sorry I've been out with a fever all this week.
Just back online and getting caught up.

All is well, very well and thanks for the posts.
Will catch up tomorrow (on emails too).

Tgwnn

p.s. check the Zeus thread shortly, some great news!

59ride

Enlightened

2 of mine have died already :(

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

2 of mine have died already :(

Hi 59ride,

Please do take a moment to check out the secret site or mail me directly and I think you'll find your things will be up and running with a minor adjustment. I haven't had any other reports of true DOA (that could not be solved by a minor fix) but in case yours are totally DOA please do let me know and I'll be happy to get it sorted out for you.

Tgwnn

59ride

Enlightened

pm sent guy, plus what secret site ?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey bro, This Thing has got me thinking. Maybe we should never publicly reveal what the Thing is! Those who own a Thing or two would be members of the Thing Secret Society. If they ever want to sell a Thing, they have to offer it other Thing owners for first right of refusal. With a secret website and The Thing Club kinda James Bond MI6 stuff. Oh and you ever post a photo of a Thing, you can never confirm that it is actually a Thing.
If you want to know what the Thing is, order the darn Thing!
I may be getting carried away with this Thing? I think I need to drink another Brotein shake.

didi_1606

Newly Enlightened

Mine just arrived today... Gonna peek the secret site to talk about secret thing.. ^^

easilyled

Flashaholic

Guy put the details of the secret site in the package he sent. Make sure you check the whole envelope thoroughly and don't discard it once the "things" have been taken out.