Melbourne CPF meet - 5th April 2008

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The first Melbourne CPF meet for 2008

also i forgot to ask, if i came, would it be alright if i brought along my tech savvy electronics nerd friend? he isn't a member here and doesn't appreciate flash lights as much as we do but has told me he would be interested in coming along.

Sure, that would be fine :)

Dynacolt

Enlightened
Re: The first Melbourne CPF meet for 2008 - 29th March

Hi guys, again I must apologise - I won't be able to make the meet, my leave has been cancelled (again - they did it at Christmas too) and it's a long haul for an overnight from far east Gippsland (although as Norm says: no light pollution, wide open spaces and the stars make watching from Mt Dandenong TV towers look measly - when you can view the milky way as a bunch of star clouds, you'd never want to leave).
Hope it's a good one,

Dave.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

OF COURSE ITS ALRIGHT!!!!:thumbsup:

MORE THE MERRIER!!!:party:

also i forgot to ask, if i came, would it be alright if i brought along my tech savvy electronics nerd friend? he isn't a member here and doesn't appreciate flash lights as much as we do but has told me he would be interested in coming along.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that Dave, this is my 3rd CPF meet and I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in person yet...

Good luck mate!:thumbsup:

Hi guys, again I must apologise - I won't be able to make the meet, my leave has been cancelled (again - they did it at Christmas too) and it's a long haul for an overnight from far east Gippsland (although as Norm says: no light pollution, wide open spaces and the stars make watching from Mt Dandenong TV towers look measly - when you can view the milky way as a bunch of star clouds, you'd never want to leave).
Hope it's a good one,

Dave.

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened

Hmm... unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make that one! Sorry guys, have fun!!

DrifT3R

Enlightened

Can we set a date? My diary is rapidly filling. Evening of the 29th of March suits me.

Geoff (Drift3r), as someone who finished school in 2003 with reasonable success I would humbly suggest that a balance between study and play is not merely desirable, but indeed essential for physical, social and mental health. One thing to keep in mind is that if you go on to higher study, academic workload increases after year 12, so learning how to manage your time is an asset.

If you have time, I would suggest you research the Yerkes-Dodson or stress performance curve and consider its implications.

Thanks for the advice mate.

I'll let you guys know closer to the date, I'm not sure how busy I'll be. But it's always hard with parents who want you to do well and stuff like that. =[

quokked

Enlightened

29th March sounds good :)

I'll watch this thread

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ill Go if someone can build me a HyperBlitz like jetski Marks. Ill pay quite a bit for one. And since its no overseas, it would be easier.

Later.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

hi gang;

so far we have got quite a good number showing interest. The list below is just an indication of the people who are interested in the CPF meet.

I'm pretty sure that more people would come along closer to the date. We still haven't confirmed a location for the meet yet, but it appears that most agree that Bell Bird Park is OK.

As an alternative, does Braeside Park or Jells Park sound viable to you lot?

I know Norm and a few others will be travelling from country areas, so perhaps if we could hold a discussion about a location that is best for everyone who is going to the CPF meet?

01.Neg2LED
02.quokked
03.hotbeam
04.Norm (I know you have to travel from Gippsland...)
05.Grox
06.koala
07.Fusion_m8
08.Burnt_Retinas
09.pmath... who's cycling there!

Last edited:

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone bringing any unique and/or modified lights??

I've got 3 new/modded ones since the last meet:

A Wolf-Eyes M90 Rattlesnake with a LumensFactory EO-13v 700lumen lamp, this is my brightest incand setup yet.

A Milkyspit modded M273-KL2 head with 3xSSC P4s and a Surefire KL6 which yclo modded with a USXOH SSC P4 - no more doughnut and twice the throw!

Can people start voting for the location??

Currently the choices are Bell Bird Park, Warragul or Jells Park.

Just post a reply with one of the choices above and we'll do a count, majority wins.

quokked

Enlightened

I don't mind really :)

My vote is a abstain

Norm

Retired Administrator

Because of my obvious prejudice I'll also abstain from voting.
Norm

Davyd

Newly Enlightened

I'm about a 50% probability - I'd go for the closest to Melbourne Bayside

quokked

Enlightened

Are we picking a place yet?
:D

Time for a poll me thinks

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anything suits me.

I don't think the chances of getting enough people out to Warragul are good, even though it's not that far (IMO anyway).

I vote for bell bird for change's sake (sorry Norm) :( It also doesn't look like I'll be able to make it up to Warragul any time soonish, maybe March to May sometime...

Davyd, try and make it if you can :wave: the meets are a lot of fun!

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am thinking of organising a small roadtrip(night) with maybe a couple of CPF guys to Warragul(because I've never been there) and meet up with Norm just to see just how beautiful it is at night, maybe in April or something?:popcorn:

I vote for bell bird for change's sake (sorry Norm) :( It also doesn't look like I'll be able to make it up to Warragul any time soonish, maybe March to May sometime...

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am thinking of organising a small roadtrip(night) with maybe a couple of CPF guys to Warragul(because I've never been there) and meet up with Norm just to see just how beautiful it is at night, maybe in April or something?:popcorn:

Sure I'd come.

In my humble opinion, Warragul isn't really 'beautiful' at night in the way that some cities are but away from the light pollution you can really enjoy the stars and the night.