Microfire HID vs. CREE XR-E

Grumpy

Enlightened
What would happen if more than one cree emitter was placed under that aspherical lens?
Could it focus more than one at a time?
What would happen if you had more than one emitter angled where it was shining on the same spot on the aspherical lens?

Could more than one emitter be mounted behind the aspherical lens shining away from it and then reflected back to the center of the lens?

I don't know how these lenses work but it would be nice to be able to use multiple emitters with one aspherical lens.

Last edited:

Stuart B

Newly Enlightened
Grumpy said:
What would happen if more than one cree emitter was placed under that aspherical lens?
Could it focus more than one at a time?
What would happen if you had more than one emitter angled where it was shining on the same spot on the aspherical lens?

Could more than one emitter be mounted behind the aspherical lens shining away from it and then reflected back to the center of the lens?

I don't know how these lenses work but it would be nice to be able to use multiple emitters with one aspherical lens.

I was wondering that too. I have soome XR-Es and a couple of different size aspherics on the way....I'll give it a try.

Stu

Flea Bag

Enlightened
CM said:
I just had to bump this picture again. Unbelievable!

There seems to be some lens flair visible around Cree's hotspot on that white shiny metal shed. Is the reflection from the Cree directly bouncing back at the camera lens?

I'm not doubting the brightness of the Cree (that's around 250 lumens?) but the picture just looks wierd!

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
To collimate, all the light that hits a given point on the aspherical inner surface has to come from the same direction. So you can't really use several LED's, without extra optical elements.

Latest posts