• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brozneo

Enlightened
Hi Scott,

There is a SF M6 on its way to your house as we speak for modding!

I'd like to go with 7 x Rebel 100's for this - there is a note with the light with my contacts details and more info etc

Thanks,

Nick

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Scott,

There is a SF M6 on its way to your house as we speak for modding!

I'd like to go with 7 x Rebel 100's for this - there is a note with the light with my contacts details and more info etc

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick, I'll watch for it. Incidentally, you realize 7x Rebel emitters will look a little strange in that big M6 head! :eek:oo:

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi Milky!

I an send you an e-mail about the surefire m-head. :)

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

Toby

Brozneo

Enlightened
Hi Nick, I'll watch for it. Incidentally, you realize 7x Rebel emitters will look a little strange in that big M6 head! :eek:oo:

Trying to swaye me eh??? Haha :p Was thinking about Seoul's - when you contact me to sort out final pricing I'll let you know then!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Milkyspit!

Please check you E-Mails...:huh:

Want to send paypal.:twothumbs

Toby, looks like you sent a few emails! :sweat: No worries, I'll get this latest round sorted out shortly.

[size=+1]X550 in Tiger FBOP: 'The Deputy'[/size]

A cousin of SilverFox's 'Pink Panther' build, this one was completed for fellow CPFer Depusm12. It's monochromatic (no red-orange emitter in this one, all four are white) and given the light's likely mission as daily companion to a LEO, the design received an additional measure of hardening.

This one also benefits from a very good point raised by our resident battery gurus, SilverFox and JS, suggesting that I protect against overdischarge of the NiMH battery pack in the light. Given the mission I didn't want the light simply to shutdown in this case, so instead I incorporated a 5-second blink when the pack gets discharged to the point where it should be recharged... this allows easy recognition of a low battery condition while also allowing the LEO to continue using his light in the event he's in a circumstance where need for continued illumination outweighs the need for a timely recharge. Put another way: The Deputy is designed not to let down its user without plenty of warning!

img-x550-tigerfbop-thedeputy-lens.jpg

Depusm12 has posted a thread about his new light over here.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi Milky!

Thats an very nice build too...:)

I will wait for your e-mail, i think tri-cree with white emitterls is enough
(like your m429)...i hope you still have an kl2 with streike-bezel available?

I only need to know, when to pay and about the strike bezel...

Kind regards

toby

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Scott,

I'm literally running out of space to store things in my small apartment so I'm sending you a few lights that you may be able to use for mods.

Enjoy,
Brightnorm

(Can't post in your email or PM so had to post here)

toby_pra

Flashaholic
ohhhhh its really hard.

i cant wait until i get my new multi-cree had from milky:twothumbs

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott,

I'm literally running out of space to store things in my small apartment so I'm sending you a few lights that you may be able to use for mods.

Enjoy,
Brightnorm

(Can't post in your email or PM so had to post here)

Norm, I turned off email via the forum but you can send me email directly here...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

Could you send me your contact info (phone, mailing address) again? I'd like to update you on status and given the length of your project am hoping to do so with a call... incidentally, let me know how early/late would be okay. Thx.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Milky!

Thats an very nice build too...:)

I will wait for your e-mail, i think tri-cree with white emitterls is enough
(like your m429)...i hope you still have an kl2 with streike-bezel available?

I only need to know, when to pay and about the strike bezel...

Kind regards

toby

Toby, I don't have any KL2 with combat bezel... but I do have a handful of Titanium strike bezels for the KL2 on the way, being made by Tranquillity_Base. They're optional and would cost $85 but if you want one, I can make sure your build includes it.

To be honest, the better approach for your build MIGHT be starting with an M3 head... it'll come down to the budget and your feelings on M3 head vs. KL2 head, we can settle that via email.

ohhhhh its really hard.

i cant wait until i get my new multi-cree had from milky:twothumbs

Thanks! I'll try for the wait not to be too long.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Toby, I don't have any KL2 with combat bezel... but I do have a handful of Titanium strike bezels for the KL2 on the way, being made by Tranquillity_Base. They're optional and would cost $85 but if you want one, I can make sure your build includes it.

Titanium Bezel Rings!!!

I'll take one

:twothumbs

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
Toby, I don't have any KL2 with combat bezel... but I do have a handful of Titanium strike bezels for the KL2 on the way, being made by Tranquillity_Base. They're optional and would cost $85 but if you want one, I can make sure your build includes it. snip, snip,

Scott - Pleasseeeeee hang on to one of the TB Ti bezels rings for me. :). Let me know when they arrive and I can PP.

Kirk

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi Miky!

I think that even ok. I would send the M-head to you.

Please contact me with e-mail and we talk it over.

Kind ragards

toby

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi Milky!

Everyone likes the titanium Bezel...:devil:

Did you have an picture?
How is it appropriate? Screwed on the outside or inside, as the original bezel?

Kind regards

toby

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]Sneak Peek: The Mouse (M300.4)[/size]

Just finished this build for a certain CPF member... :whistle:

img-mouse-m300.4-profile.jpg

Some quick specs...

300 lumens max output, 4 brightness levels, runs on 1xRCR123 LiON rechargeable at max for perhaps 45 minutes, min output of perhaps 2-3 lumens for 225 hours, full regulation for most of the runtime with approximate 95% average efficiency, several hours of low-brightness emergency light at tail end of runtime.

Can run on 1x123 primary cell with all brightness levels still available, but scaled proportionally less bright and longer-running... this would be a good option for power outage or other emergency use.

Acorn1.0 driver, basically a souped-up version of the driver developed for the Gotham.

Flushmounted tactical twisty switch heavily modified from the innards of a stock SureFire tactical twisty for smooth, light action.

Krytox and Nanolubricated threads fore and aft.

Flushmounted 'skyscraper-style' window with structural support from the backside, no visible retaining ring, reflectors moved as far forward as possible to eliminate bezel ring and head sidewall interference with the beam.

McR16ms reflectors, built to order by McGizmo for use with Seoul SSCP4 emitters, providing good throw from reflectors in this size category, while also delivering gradual intensity falloff from hotspot through outer sidespill for excellent field of view.

High density silicone foam in sidewalls to pad reflectors against lateral shock. High density silicone black matting with carbon fiber texture for aesthetics and circuit trace protection.

Dual-AR coated ultra-clear lens.

Shockmounted e-can in base of head for fit and shock resistance. All components in the head designed to be removable with no damage, glue residue, etc., should the owner ever wish to revert the head to more conventional single-reflector duty.

Separate thread and additional photos and beamshots to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.